"SECRETS" to lose large hips/butt area??

Options
Which methods have helped to lose and firm up those problem areas? I know there are different exercises etc. but has anyone found a sure fire method? My body shape is heredity-- pear shape-- 51 yrs old and only 5'4''. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!! Thanks in advance! :happy:

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    eat less to lose fat, eat more and do squats/deads to build dem glutes
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been eating less daily, exercising, and drinking water all day. I'm on a gluten free and lactose free diet per MD for Celiac. I'm eating more protein, vegetables, and some fruit. Just hoping to get body more proportioned and toned. :wink:
  • nycoleyrides
    nycoleyrides Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pilates and barre type exercises to target and burn those areas... Just a guess
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can't target areas from which to lose fat. You must lose fat overall, you do this be eating at a deficit, and can accelerate your progress by exercising and lifting weights.
    Again, you cannot "spot condition" your hips or thighs. Your body will lose fat in its own pattern from where it wants.
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's a shame we can't pick and choose where we need to lose!! The past few days I've been adding some strength training to my routine. I've seen those before and after pics on some stories of the women body builders
    that's an incentive and incredible. Body building adds so much definition and sculpture to the body... :happy:
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    usually for women the hips and butt will be where the weight comes off last and goes on first, it's the most efficient place for your body to store fat.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I do a deep water body sculpting class and have noticed a real improvement in tone. But as you said the hips and butt are hereditary and I know I will probably never be slim or even hourglass.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I do a deep water body sculpting class and have noticed a real improvement in tone. But as you said the hips and butt are hereditary and I know I will probably never be slim or even hourglass.

This is a defeatist attitude. Your body shape is NOT determined by genetics. You can make your body look however you want. It just takes more time and work to get there. Those fitness models you see in Oxygen and on stages aren't NATURALLY svelte, a lot of them had to work their *kitten* off (literally) to get where they are, and consistently remain diligent to stay at a certain level of fitness.
  • gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am also a 5'4" pear and I am finding that spinning is really helping with my "saddlebags" which is my big problem area.