Breast feeding

Options
2»

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I wish myfitnesspal would allow us to deduct calories lost from breast feeding. Most women lose an additional 500 calories a day from breast feeding.

Search for breastfeeding when you enter a food. It will give ypu a negative 500 cals and reduce your overall recorded intake.
  • wnglng
    wnglng Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I find that breakfast is my hardest meal. I love breakfast, am always hungriest in the AM and the things I usually eat (carbs) are high in calorie content. What's everyone else eating for breakfast?
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was two pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight a week after giving birth. But a year later, I was only 2 lbs under my total pregnancy weight. Same as others have said -- I ate a ton while breastfeeding and was really sedentary because I was spending all my non-work time nursing or pumping.

My baby is now 14 months old. Joined MFP 7 weeks ago and have been losing 2 lbs a week, but am only "set" to lose 1 lb a week. The other pound I attribute to breastfeeding, since I am always pretty close to my calorie goal. I like not logging my breastfeeding calories -- I have no way of knowing exactly what they are and by "ignoring" them i am able to lose "bonus weight."

If I were planning to set up my account to lose more than 1 lb a week, I would log breastfeeding as an exercise, though. And if MFP had given me a goal of under 1,500, I would manually increase the goal or log breastfeeding.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wish myfitnesspal would allow us to deduct calories lost from breast feeding. Most women lose an additional 500 calories a day from breast feeding.

Search for breastfeeding when you enter a food. It will give ypu a negative 500 cals and reduce your overall recorded intake.

Wow. They actually have a lot of different breastfeeding entries! Twins, older babies, toddlers... How cool!
  • Mzcotton78
    Mzcotton78 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks!!! I didn't know breastfeeding was listed with the foods. You rock!
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Currently exclusively breastfeeding my almost 7 month old who also won't take a bottle. The little monster refuses solids too. A huge 26lb little monster that is attached to my breast all dang day lol. Ok, enough of my rant about my little angel. Feel free to add me if you like. Although exclusively breastfeeding burns about 500 cal I only -300 of them off the foods list. As big as she is I should probably -1000 lol