Songs that make you CRY everytime

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Doesn't make me cry every time, but, about 6 years ago I was listening to Me & Bobby Mcgee, the Janis Joplin vesion and my daughter, who was 14 at the time asked me why I liked the song so much and what did it mean. My fathter had just died and I tried to explain to her how sad my Mom was without him and related the lyric "But, I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for a single yesterday". Then I broke down before I could finish what I was saying. I think I traumatized my daughter.

I knew you were a big ol' softy!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Josh Turner - Another Try
    Miranda Lambert - House that built me
    Luke Bryan - drink a beer
    Vince Gill - Go rest on that Mountain

Yup.. I'm a baby...
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace....maybe cause it's usually played at funerals.

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.

Only years later, after he gave up the slave trade, repented, and became a minister. Is there no room in your life for penance? http://www.snopes.com/religion/amazing.asp

So that justifies his past? I guess it would in some people's eyes. I have no hell or heaven to put anyone in, I leave that up to the Good LORD.

Well, I won't get into a religious debate and hijack this thread. If you'd like to do that, you can PM me. Suffice it to say it would be inherently Christian to accept that he repented his sins.

The song can still be quite moving, especially when played on the bagpipes.

^ this. The great thing about songs is that it doesn't have to mean the same thing to everyone. I have my own sins for why I love this song.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    heart in hand by dax riggs
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The American National Anthem
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.

Only years later, after he gave up the slave trade, repented, and became a minister. Is there no room in your life for penance? http://www.snopes.com/religion/amazing.asp

So that justifies his past? I guess it would in some people's eyes. I have no hell or heaven to put anyone in, I leave that up to the Good LORD.

you mean the Good Lord Satan right?
  • TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Apparently if you become a "born again" it doesn't matter what your past may have been. You found GOD and that's all that matters so yeah. It does justify his past.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    I dont particularly LIKE the song but each part of it captures what I saw my dad go through
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg

It kind of reminds me of all the things I never want to do to my family
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Mark Schultz~ Walking her home
    or
    letters from war.

SOBBING!!!! EVERY D*MN TIME!!!!!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Priscilla Ahn - Dream :sad:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber - "Baby"

It makes me weep for humanity.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Zzyzx Rd by Stone Sour.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    "Chasing cars" by Snow Patrol. After I was diagnosed with cancer I got in the car and that was what was on the radio. I go right back to that moment anytime I hear that song.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the John Legend song "All of me" is going to make me cry forever. It already does. My hubby has had some health problems lately including a blood clot in his leg, and it hit me one day a couple weeks ago that I could lose him and I can't even picture losing him. And of course, :sad: . Every time. Luckily, hubs is on the mend.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't think this was mentioned - "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross. It's about his father, who died young. And then so did he. Sad all around.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    DJ Sammy - Heaven (Slow Version)
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When The Music Stops - Kevin Briody (my wedding song)

Lying Eyes - Eagles (not sure why)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "21 Guns" and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Greenday
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Keeper - Yellowcard
    The Boxer (cover) - Mumford and Sons