Chicken breast recipes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I have a bunch left... thick so unfortunately I can't really stuff them (I suck at thinning them up). Don't really want to use the crockpot either as I'm not fond of the texture... Any idea? Typically I just grill them on the foreman and use them in salads/tacos/stir fries and whatnot.

Replies

• ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like to whisk together white wine vinegar, brown mustard, and the juice from 1 orange. I marinate the breasts overnight then grill.
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to use dry rubs on my chicken. It turns out pretty good. I usually put the rub on both sides and grill both- then filet and add more rub.
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    I like doing mine in the oven, stuffed with a bit of Philadelphia, wrapped in a bacon rasher and cooked for about 25 mins covered with tinfoil. Yummi :)
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I (also) love dry rubs. But my love of chicken fingers sparked this amazing recipe...
    1 egg and some hot sauce (depending on if you like things spicy) in one bowl, and crunched up corn flakes with a sprinkle of pepper in another. Cut the chicken breast like you would for chicken fingers, roll in egg mixture then in dry mix. Place on tin foil and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 13 minutes (until golden brown on the edges). The cereal gives it the "deep-fried" crunch... I always cook up extra because I always have people at work grabbing a few bites!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chicken fingers is a possibility (using panko crumbs I guess), I just can't really stuff them because they are so thick.

I'm horrible at baking chicken though, it always ends up too tough or dry... Any tip?
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Whenever I bake chicken I put it in a glass baking dish and cover with foil, then remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes. Juicy every time!

I don't know how what your diet preferences are, here's my families absolute favorite chicken recipe next to parmigiana (I only make it about once a month now because I gave up crackers and bread)

Ritz Chicken

4 b/s chicken breasts
    1 1/2 tubes crushed Ritz crackers
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 TBSP basil
    1/4 tsp smoked paprika
    2 TBSP parmesan
    1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    Place crushed crackers and next 7 ingredients in a gallon size zip top bag. Close top and shake well to combine. Dip chicken breasts (1 at a time) in melted butter, place in zip top bag and shake to coat with mixture. Place in a glass baking dish. Pour remaining butter and leftover crumb mixture over top of chicken. Cover with foil. Bake @ 425 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

*edited because I forgot the chicken breasts
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    brining chicken breasts might help keep them juicy:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/weeknight-meal-tip-try-a-quick-95560

If you are on a salt-restricted diet though, it is adding salt to your meal. It really keeps the meat moist though and I feel like if you only brine the chicken for an hour so in the fridge it might not be soooo bad.

brining is actually an amazing thing to do to frozen raw shrimp. Really improves them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have this long Moroccan slow cooking chicken in a tagine with lemons and green olives recipe that I modified to be fast and for boneless chicken breasts. Basically you spray a pan with olive oil, brown chicken, set aside, cook some onions, add garlic, quickly cook spices (paprika, cinnamon, ginger, whatever your preference is), add the chicken back and cover most of the way with chicken broth plus a little lemon juice, salt and pepper as you like. Then slice a lemon or lemons thinly and cover the chicken and simmer until mostly cooked. At some point add the olives and if you like some vegetables--I like broccoli and cauliflower. It comes out tender and flavorful, although you'd probably want to adjust for your own taste. (The combination of lemons and olives works well for me.) The original recipe had dried apricots too--I haven't tried them in the modified one, since I made it with what I had on hand.
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do a baked chicken fajita - cut a couple breasts into strips, slice a sweet onion and a bell pepper, throw on a can of Rotel, use a little olive oil to mix up chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and oregano and mix it all together and bake. It's easy and delicious. Feeds my husband and I for a couple meals.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like to bake chicken breasts in Goya mojo marinade. It's not super salty like a lot of marinades, and it doesn't have a lot of processed junk in it. For grilling, I like to make a marinade out of Dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, garlic, and black pepper (this is also really good in chicken, turkey, or beef burgers).

With chicken, I always use a meat thermometer. That keeps me from overcooking it but also ensures it's at a safe temperature to eat.