NSV!

Options
I can now run 2 miles without stopping.
It takes me 15mins a mile, but I blame that on the couple of hills in my neighborhood.

Another NSV for the day...
Yesterday, as I was huffing and puffing up the hardest hill on my route, someone yelled something hurtful at me as they drove by.
I decided not to let it bother me and to go out jogging again today. I felt good and proud of myself.
Haters gonna hate.

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce :flowerforyou: Glad you are letting the hurtful yell roll right off and congrats on 2 miles!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great work and great attitude :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great victories!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment and attitude--way to ignore the haters!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    There are such mean people in the word. My parents were like that. They hated fat people. They would make some smart remark and laugh. They would call me short and dumpy. Why would anybody call someone a name who is trying to help themselves, well it is a JERK. There are a lot of them out there. Yep, ignore and make a good life for yourself! I see you are doing that.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the running! And ignoring the haters! :flowerforyou:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can now run 2 miles without stopping.
    It takes me 15mins a mile, but I blame that on the couple of hills in my neighborhood.

Congrats! 2 miles is a huge accomplishment! I am so glad you mentioned that you do a 15 minute mile, because so do I...and I have been feeling kind of funny about it. But, slow and steady wins the race!
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow - running two miles is a great accomplishment! And kudos to you for shrugging off a nasty comment and keeping your eyes on the prize. I would have stopped right in my tracks and burst into tears. Go you!!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 2 miles of running. I have just started to measure my walking and I walked a mile. I guess you have to start somewhere eh... you are an inspiration.
    Cindy
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have learned to have a thick skin from growing up with a skinny little sister and mother. I was the only one with hips and boobs, so I was constantly called fat and this or that growing up (which only made me want to eat more). Funny thing is, I was at a good weight back then. Just goes to show you how you can really abuse food or get depressed and not work out if you let people get into your head.
    I have decided to get out and jog in my busy neighborhood to help me build my confidence. I don't want to let my insecurities keep me hiding inside all summer instead of enjoying the fresh air.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your victories!

People who yell out hurtful things really don't have anything against you, individually. They are just looking to feel better themselves by putting strangers down. It's sad. Either that or they're *ssh*l*s. In either case, you shouldn't worry about them.

Keep up the good work!
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    Your out there working it while they arent! Jealousy is what I would call it:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!