Good Questions for those who have lost the weight....

Options
I see a lot of success stories and photos of users who look awesome! CONGRATS!
Thing is....

After all that weight is gone I've seen people who have loose skin in certain places that just won't go away no matter how much you work out and their heads are still huge but bodies are small. Isn't it quite awkward?
For those who have these problems..
Do you plan on getting surgery and tucks to finish off the new you?

Replies

• shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    only because I have to ask? huge heads? not really sure what this means - but they might have just had big heads to start with - not really sure that can be corrected with surgery

As for the skin, obviously each person is different in their tolerances so that I am sure you will get a variety of responses based on ages and genders

I'm almost 43 and I can live with the skin - so probably no surgery in my future
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan on getting a head reduction. :huh:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I've got a few pounds to go, but my thoughts on myself are as follows....
    When I lost 40 pounds did my boobs shrink? Yes a bit, but they are BETTER :wink:
    When I lost 40 pounds did I get a deflated balloon belly? Yes, but it's soooo much more attractive in clothing than the INFLATED balloon belly :wink:
    When I lost 40 pounds did my head getting bigger? YES! Due to lots of compliments from people around me, intense feelings of confidence and perseverance can do that to you :blushing:

So, for me, surgery is just not that important... How I FEEL about myself when I walk a flight of stairs and don't get winded, when I look in the mirror, when I buy a smaller pair of pants, when I lift something heavy all by myself....THAT is what matters most to me, not that everything is nipped and tucked "perfectly" :heart:
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    in for the head explanation!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I want an explanation on the head thing. :huh:

I have loose skin. My thighs look like they're still huge when I sit down, but when you see me standing you can tell... it's really all just loose skin. My stomach has loose, excess skin, too. I'm still self conscious about my stomach, but I've made peace with my thighs. Squats have helped tone them up a little. Nothing's been able to help my tummy. Some have success with various exercise routines, I've tried them all... but it is what it is.

I don't plan on having surgery to fix it. I might if I could afford it, but really. I don't see the point. Like I said, it is what it is. Some have said it's because I lost weight too fast. Which might be the case. But the reality of losing a lot of weight - no matter how fast or slow - is that some of us end up with loose skin. No matter what our workout routine is. It is best to go in knowing this, otherwise you might still struggle once you hit a healthy weight. It's not about how you look, it's about how you feel.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Well, my head is naturally big. (I'm from Jersey..lol) so no surgery for me
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of success stories and photos of users who look awesome! CONGRATS!
    Thing is....

After all that weight is gone I've seen people who have loose skin in certain places that just won't go away no matter how much you work out and their heads are still huge but bodies are small. Isn't it quite awkward?
    For those who have these problems..
    Do you plan on getting surgery and tucks to finish off the new you?

Yes, my huge head is quite awkward. That's why I'm giving up and putting all of the weight back on... unless you know of some good deals on plastic surgery.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    One of these questions is not like the others.

:huh:
  • Luciu5
    Luciu5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Just call your local witchdoctor and you can get a shrunken head.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes it is very awkward to have a huge head and relatively small body. Stop cyberbullying us :angry:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Lol! I have a very huge head, and losing weight just makes it look bigger. But there are ways to flaunt it or camouflage it (you know, like Tyra Banks and her broad forehead. Some people think big heads are cute. And that's all I have to say about that before I develop a complex. :)
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan on getting a head reduction. :huh:

laughter.gif
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My head is huge and I'm not changing it under a knife because my attitude might change that I can't loose anymore weight! But the skin? I can cut that off if my husband doesn't think I'm hot and will not! :wink:
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Loved how "Awesomelyamber" explained her answer to the question.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Huge heads?!?! lol what?

As for lose skin, I'm still working on mine - I refuse to believe that I can't get it to go away entirely. Lifting heavy weights has been the one thing that has made the most impact in this area.