Lemonade Recipes

Options
sheepysaccount
sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
So, it's finally getting warm here. YAY! For me that's lemonade time. Please share your recipes!

My favorite: lemon juice, dried mint leaves, 2 packs of stevia, water. Let steep over night and you'll have a whole pitcher for under 10 cals :D

Replies

• keykey48
    keykey48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    sounds good. I've never made it without regular sugar so will give the stevia a try! I like to add lavender.
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Lavender sounds nice :)
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    bumpers!
  • weathergiiirl
    Options
    "Cucumberade" or Cucumber Fresca. Sounds odd maybe, but is the most delicious, refreshing, and addictive drink recipe that I love during hot summers. :)

1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
    Juice of 1 lemon (or 2-3 limes)
    5 c water
    Sugar or your choice of artificial sweetener (Monkfruit is awesome) 1/4-1/2 cup

Puree the cucumber and water in the blender. Add in the juice and sweetener and serve over ice. :)
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    sounds nice :)
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is from Thug Kitchen, I'm sure you can use a substitute for the sugar.
    Also, check out his blog. Mostly lowcal, always entertaining.

"LAVENDER LEMONADE

5 cups of water

1/2 -3/4 cup sugar (yeah, it is ****ing lemonade. without the sugar it is just real sour ****ing water)

3/4 cup Meyer lemon juice, about 6 lemons ​(you can just use the regular lemons at the store too, not a dealbreaker)

juice of half a lime​

4 sprigs of fresh lavender​

Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the sugar and simmer that **** on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Make sure to stir it on the regular. The sugar should be all dissolved in the water by now with no little ****ing grains rolling around in there. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice, lime juice, and lavender. Let it cool until it is around room temperature. Take the lavender pieces out but use a ****ing spoon and not your fingers if you are going to serve that **** to other people. Put the lemonade in the fridge to cool down all the way. Serve with lemon wedges and a pinch of dried lavender if you want it to look ****ing impressive.

makes about 1 quart of chill the **** out"
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsHUWpLxq4

this is by far my fav recipe.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump!