new shoes

Options
I need to go buy new shoes to work out with, I do a lot of walking in my workouts (walking away the pounds). So any suggestions? I want to spend no more then 100 dollars on them. The problem I have is I have wide feet, so its a bit harder to find ones that I really like, they feel great at the store then I get them home and workout and my feet hurt.

Replies

• dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always go with New Balance shoes for working out. I also have a wide foot and they have always met my needs. They are very comfortable and you can usually find a good pair for around $100.00. I don't walk a lot for working out, I do more ellyptical and strider machines but they never bother my feet even after an hour on the machine.
  • coachniquenya
    coachniquenya Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Masseys online has a variety of shoes of wider widths. You can try there or New Balance can be really good and if there is an actual New Balance store in your area, they usually offer stance tests to recommend the best shoe for your foot form and posture.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    New Balance has various widths and are good all around shoes. Avoid Nike for that same reason, they tend to run narrow along the arch, but do have wider toe boxes. Sometimes Reebok and Asics are good for wider feet and the previous does offer some wides in the walking shoe area. Still, NB may be the best bet when all is said and done.
    And for a change I'm seeing where the year of working in the shoe department at Kohl's was actually helpful!