Can't get under 300

Options
I work out tousday to Saturday sometimes on Sundays. I have lost weight but I hit a brick wall for the last 2 months can't not lose a pound any tips or something I can do? Pls need help

Replies

• butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open and you dont say what you eat.

You cannot lose weight unless you're at a calorific deficit.
  • adamridgegully96
    adamridgegully96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking 64 ounces of water everyday? Stay away from ALL sugar, drink the water and lay off ALL dairy and bread. Sounds like alot, I know. Buy the book "Skinny *****" - - they also have a website. AWESOME!! help to get over a platoo. Just tell yourself that you are going to be STRONG and healthy and push through this!~ Good luck and blessings to you!~ Kimberli
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I work out tousday to Saturday sometimes on Sundays. I have lost weight but I hit a brick wall for the last 2 months can't not lose a pound any tips or something I can do? Pls need help

make sure you're weighing and measuring everything and hitting your calorie goal and shake up your workout routine.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    AWESOME!! help to get over a platoo.

a what!? :laugh:
  • emmybean1
    emmybean1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Change the type of exercise and definitely start eating smaller meals more regularly :) break it up, mix it up, if that fails...start doing insanity!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    you must eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight. Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? I agree with drink plenty of water, but please dont give up entire food groups like a poster suggested above - you will end up binging within a month. Make your diary open so we can see
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    definitely start eating smaller meals more regularly :)

why is that something the OP should definitely do?
  • Mr_AH
    Mr_AH Posts: 32
    Options
    Have you recalculated your TDEE since you've lost weight?

You might be eating for your previous weight as opposed to your current weight.
  • Ffgjosh
    Ffgjosh Posts: 15
    Options
    I eat 1500-2500 calories a day 1500 Monday-wendsday, Friday and Sunday. I eat 2500 calories on Thursday and Saturday. I work 18 hours those days. I don't drink. Smoke I only eat the 35 cal bread and I do that for lunch at work with a Greek yogurt. I only drink water and fresh no sugar added juice. One a week milk. I watch what I eat and work out at a min 4 times a week for about 2 -2.5hours. I don't have time to weigh out my meal I go by the cup insted I work 4 jobs I eat 5-6 meals 4 200 cal and 2 300 cal except when I work doubles it 3 meals 700 cal each and a bag of m'ms I need sugar and don't drink coffee. I also do not eat meat for the last 7 years. I switched to fish for about the last year I don't just have lots of pasta I do lots of veggies salmon tuna..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking 64 ounces of water everyday? Stay away from ALL sugar, drink the water and lay off ALL dairy and bread. Sounds like alot, I know. Buy the book "Skinny *****" - - they also have a website. AWESOME!! help to get over a platoo. Just tell yourself that you are going to be STRONG and healthy and push through this!~ Good luck and blessings to you!~ Kimberli

can you explain how any of that is legitimate advice?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-2500 calories a day 1500 Monday-wendsday, Friday and Sunday. I eat 2500 calories on Thursday and Saturday. I work 18 hours those days.
    I started at 245 - 250 lbs. and I ate 2000 - 2200 net calories pretty much every day. Do you walk tons at work? If so get something like a Fit-Bit, set your lifestyle to sedentary and add the extra calories to your diet. If not then keep it the same every day. Regardless your NET calories should be the same each day.
    I watch what I eat and work out at a min 4 times a week for about 2 -2.5hours. I don't have time to weigh out my meal I go by the cup insted
    Wrong. If you have to to measure you can put that measuring cup on a scale and see what it weighs. Get serious if you want to see results. It takes much much less time than you think and once you know how much a cup of rice (beans, fruit, etc.) weighs then you can just add it in to your diary without weighing it again.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-2500 calories a day 1500 Monday-wendsday, Friday and Sunday. I eat 2500 calories on Thursday and Saturday. I work 18 hours those days.
    I started at 245 - 250 lbs. and I ate 2000 - 2200 net calories pretty much every day. Do you walk tons at work? If so get something like a Fit-Bit, set your lifestyle to sedentary and add the extra calories to your diet. If not then keep it the same every day. Regardless your NET calories should be the same each day.
    I watch what I eat and work out at a min 4 times a week for about 2 -2.5hours. I don't have time to weigh out my meal I go by the cup insted
    Wrong. If you have to to measure you can put that measuring cup on a scale and see what it weighs. Get serious if you want to see results. It takes much much less time than you think and once you know how much a cup of rice (beans, fruit, etc.) weighs then you can just add it in to your diary without weighing it again.

To add, it takes an extra minute or two to weigh out a whole meal (and this is if you are eating a bunch of different food items at once).

As someone said in another thread about a user stating they didn't have time to weigh stuff out - weighing it out actually saves on the amount of dishes you'd have to wash (cups, tablespoons, etc), which overall would at the least even out the time spent weighing.
  • Ffgjosh
    Ffgjosh Posts: 15
    Options
    I have 3 jobs as of now one I drive. On those days that I do walk a lot 5-10 miles I eat more
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of what has been suggested.

1. Don't give up any individual food group unless you can do it the rest of your life- like you have meat. So eat sugar, dairy etc if you want to
    2. Drink plenty of water. More than 64oz if you can
    3. If you can afford a Fitbit it would be a good option to add in to see what you are actually burning. Its possible you are not eating enough.
    4. you need to weigh everything. It really is easier than measuring. And much more accurate
    5. calculate your BMR and TDEE if you have not since you lost your initial weight

Most importantly, don't give up. I can understand frustration. Sometimes our bodies just don't do what we want to. By chance have you gone down in clothing size even though your weight hasn't changed? More common for women but you could still be seeing some changes

And maybe with all of your jobs your body just needs some sleep. It is said to be helpful in aiding weight loss.

Good luck to you!! And remember to have faith!!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I have 3 jobs as of now one I drive. On those days that I do walk a lot 5-10 miles I eat more

You're all over the place.

You need a better plan.
  • roni1179
    roni1179 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This might be completely left field but have you gone to the doctor to make sure you are properly burning glucose correctly. I was stuck at 300 for 6 months and since I got that checked out and solved I've lost 20lbs in two months. Just a thought.
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot of guessing going on and not a lot of concrete information. I'd suggest getting your ducks in a row before shooting them. Calculate your Abbreviations - TDEE BMI BMR NEAT etc. Find out what your calories should be. Track what they actually are. Track what you're actually burning because it's now more than 50lbs easier than it was when you started. Change up your workouts because they probably aren't as challenging anymore. You could probably make greater strides by doing shorter, more intense activities rather than spending 2+ hours doing whatever you're doing.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    If you can work out 2 to 2 1/2 hours, then you can certainly take a moment to weigh your food. I've never understood why people are so resistant to the idea. It takes so little time and can prevent you from wasting a great deal of time spinning your wheels and wondering why you aren't losing weight. A good scale only costs $20 or less. It's a real eye-opener to realize exactly what a serving size really is. The labels are horribly wrong on many things, and will lead you to eat sometimes twice as much as you think.