Help - eating out

Options
rach7e
rach7e Posts: 4 Member
Hi all

I could really do some help here. I had an initial big weight loss of about 3 stones (with more to lose), but have put over a stone back on and really need some motivation. I'm exercising, but my willpower is failing when it comes to food. I basically go home to sleep, so don't cook, so need to know where is healthy to eat out, either restaurants in the Bank/Liverpool St/West End areas or British chain restaurants. Or some recommendations as to healthy dishes in chain restaurants. We don't have a toaster or microwave at work either!

Some advice on healthy options for lunch as well would be appreciated, we have the usual: Pret, Eat, M&S and Tesco near work, as well as some independent delis.

Thanks

Rach :happy:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    it really doesnt matter what you eat, from a weight loss perspective, you just need a deficit.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    M&S has a healthy range, I grabbed a fuller for longer chicken flatbread thing the other day that was only about 300 cals.

Chain restaurants, I dunno, something like ramen at wagamamas would be about 500. Yo sushi has the calories in the menu.
    I don't know the area you live in, but you can look at the restaurants you like or that are nearby and google to see if they have the calories online, makes it easier to choose when you go in?

eta:
    Also try getting chopped fruit to snack on. I'm one of those that a lot of the time just 'wants to be eating' rather than actually getting hungry. At home I like to freeze grapes cause they take ages to eat so I can be snacking for a long time with way less calories :)
  • rach7e
    Options
    Thanks, will try M&S for lunch!
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pizza Express do some healthy options - pizza with the centre cut out and salad put into the middle. I laughed when I first saw it, but actually - it's a pretty good idea.

And they have their nutritional info on their website (go via google) - as do Prezzo, Gourmet Burger Kitchen and The Living Room.

I think most chain restaurants put it online. Also - (and this has nothing to do with weightloss!) But if you get a Tastecard, you can get 50% off at a lot of chain restaurants. Which leaves more money to spend on new clothes for your new slimline figure! (That's what I tell my husband anywho).

Also - just watch the calories on the outside of the packets for pre-packed sandwiches. You can also get fruit and fruit juice in the meal deal, rather than full fat coke/packet of Walkers. I think it's just being aware :)

Edited to add - watch out for so called "healthy options", especially at Pret. They are rascals for using full fat EVERYTHING or just putting crap into stuff. They charge a premium, but I really don't think they're any better than Sainburys meal deals.

Good luck!
  • carlyd333
    carlyd333 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tescos have a good range of sushi now, filling and low calories, your doing really well. It's really hard to stay motivated when you have been doing it for a while! But making little changes to your diet will last in the long run. Tea instead of coffee, sweetener instead of sugar etc. The Weatherspoons at Liverpool street station - Hamilton Hall has all of the calories written on the menu now, they have a section under 400 or 500 calories. The main thing is to find foods that you like that are filling! keep up the good work!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, exercise and you can eat what you like....
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Most chain restaurants have nutritional information available online. Look up where you're eating and find something that will fit your calorie/macro goals.
  • rach7e
    Options
    Thatnks for all the useful info. I do have a Taste card that I always forget I have - really need to start using it!

I guess the key is planning where to go in advance, then I can look up the menu online beforehand.
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There must be an Itsu or Abokado in the areas you mentioned? They're whole set-up is providing healthy options