Live in each season.....

Options
You know what i've recently come to realize? That its not a "suddenly happy at goal weight" thing at all. Its the transformation, self-discovery, stumbles and confidence-building DURING THE JOURNEY that gets us "to Happy" at goal. And its all those tools that we have gained along the journey which can keep us at goal when we get there.

I (for some reason) thought that people were happy when they got to goal weight because they were at a certain number and being that weight made them happy. But i now realize that they BECAME HAPPY as they MADE THE JOURNEY!

Don't discount a single moment of your journey. Its ALL a learning process. Even the gains and the plateaus and the over-training injuries.

... I feel compelled to use one of my favorite quotes, "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." -- Thoreau.

... So yes, live in each season of this journey for each season carries a lesson to carry forward and will make you who you will eventually become :)

(and a special shout-out to all the newbies :flowerforyou: )

Replies