Smoothie mixer/blender recommendations please!

Options
Hi all,

I finally have convinced my husband to try a smoothie. Granted, it was a smooth at the renaissance festival, so probably not the healthiest one, but it was still delicious. Anyway, we've been talking about getting a machine to make our own smoothies. I was showing him the popular ones - the NutriBullet or the Magic Bullet. However, he has a thing about chunks in the smoothie and wants smoothies only if they are perfectly smooth without bits of fruit/veggies.

I don't think these little machines can do that, can they?

I'm looking for recommendations for a smoothie maker that can make creamy smoothies, with a milkshake-like consistency, with boths fruits and veggies in the mix.

Thank you!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet and it makes smoothies completely smooth with ease actually. Even crushes the ice cubes completely smooth.
  • tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    picked up a ninja 1600 with single serve cups, its great.

Had the magic bullet (3 over the years) and this is a whole other beast of power. It comes with lager pitcher sz and 2 single serve.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet and it makes smoothies completely smooth with ease actually. Even crushes the ice cubes completely smooth.

Yep - I have the Nutribullet too - totally smooth - no chunks. Even with ice, frozen berries, greens, etc. Haven't tried veggies yet, but I've heard it works very well on those too.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love my vitamix!