Lose 30pds. In 3 months????

Options
Is it possible to lose 20-30 pds. In 3 months? I plan to hit the gym hard, swim, and skate. Also, I will be dieting along with it. Anyone had success with weight loss through circuit training at the gym?

Replies

• Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I lost about 65 lbs in three months but that was a drastic change in my diet and workouts routine, so yeah it's possible! Six days a week with 1.5 hours of weights followed by one hour of cardio is what it took me so 30 is certainly doable... Just depends on how much you want it! :)
  • JessicaGray88
    Options
    hey all, so far ive lost 8 pounds and have been here for almost a month! id like to work towards that 30 in 3 so if any one would like inspiration, Motivational discussions and do it together Add me! :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    what happens after 3 months?
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 20-30 pds. In 3 months? I plan to hit the gym hard, swim, and skate. Also, I will be dieting along with it. Anyone had success with weight loss through circuit training at the gym?

Very possible. And honestly, not that hard. Go to the gym if you want. It's not a requisite for losing weight.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    what happens after 3 months?

You switch to maintenance mode.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends what size you are now. I was 264lbs almost two months ago and I've lost nearly 24lbs in under 2 months because I had so much to lose.
  • jayz_gal2004
    jayz_gal2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'8
    174 pds
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'8
    174 pds

no, it would be unhealthy to try and lose 30lbs in 3 months... why the rush?
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What if you have the goal, but don't reach it in 3 months? Will that stop the journey?

I'm not saying don't have a goal, but accept that life is just life and sometimes it doesn't go according to plan. Set yourself a goal, but don't put a time limit on it. See where you end up in 3 months and just know that you would be farther along to reaching your goal than you are today.

Good luck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cut a limb?
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Very possible. And honestly, not that hard. Go to the gym if you want. It's not a requisite for losing weight.
    You are constantly posting in these threads for quick fixes and in this thread you know absolutely nothing about the OP like the current weight and height. But yet you still say yes its possible while is pretty absurd and reckless.

This. You can only do what your body will allow you to do. The closer to your goal weight the harder it will be. Is it possible? - yes but is it a wise idea? That will depend on how you go about it - cutting your calories too drastically or exercising too much may get you the results in the short term but in the long term you want that weight to come off slowly with as little muscle loss as possible. My advice would be to go here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/weight-loss-meal-planner/ be honest about your activity level and eat/exercise at the recommended levels to lose a healthy amount of weight.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    At your current weight, no, I don't think it's possible unless you do something really extreme. But please don't eat at a 1000 calorie deficit everyday! You could realistically shoot for a pound per week for a month maybe. But you'd probably need to change it to .5 pound per week after that.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's possible. I've lost 22 pounds in just over 2 months. I started at 178. I eat 1330 calories per day (MFP's suggestion based on my activity level at 2 pounds loss) and I eat back almost all of my exercise calories (so usually about 1500 to 1600 calories per day).

That being said... I did this to win a "biggest loser" contest at work and I think I'll win (I'm excited about that) but I am even more excited about dropping down to the "1 lb per week" setting on MFP once the contest ends on June 6th! Hurrah for more calories!

Edited to add: Yes I know that this isn't the "recommended" weight loss per week for me, yes I will be switching back to a more appropriate amount soon. I wouldn't want to eat at this level for much longer than 2 months when I could eat so much more and still lose.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'8
    174 pds

You should be aiming closer to 0.5 pounds a week . No more than 1 pound a week as you are not obese.
  • Iishasears84
    Options
    I did. Started taking my life seriously on March 9. I have lost 33 pounds to date. No gimmicks not magic pills. Cutting calories and hitting the gym everyday. I am not doing anything really but cardio.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Eh - I've lost right under 20 lbs in 4 months, without ever feeling deprived or hangry or like I'm on a "diet." The tortoise wins the race :happy:
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Depending how on much you need to lose.
    After 7 weeks on alternate day fasting I am at 27 lbs so it is doable.