Calling all Shorties! Ladies 5'3" and under

Options

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the fellow shorties :)

I'm 5'1 1/2" (yes the 1/2 counts LOL) and currently at 139lbs. My goal is to get back down to the 119-123 range-I was at this range 2 years ago right before my wedding and I felt great. I'd love to get down to 115lb but that has never happened so we shall see.

For the shorties with pant length issues--I look for stores that carry "short" lengths in pants and it works out better for me. Another issue I have is my big hips-even at my smaller weight I had issues with jeans not fitting right due to my curves!

Happy weightloss to all and reaching out goals :)
  • coachniquenya
    coachniquenya Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I like being referred to as short, thick and sexy. I am much bigger than I would like to be right now so this weight loss is for me. My biggest issue has always been clothing even when I was what I would consider tiny. I have bowlegs and wide hips with a teeny tiny waist. This makes shopping for pants almost impossible. Everything has to have an elastic waist so I can fit it over my legs but not have them fall off of my waist. Belts are also a nightmare and now that I have a stomache pouch...YUCK!!! Okay, vent over. :)
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Before I forget: I went to Target last night (love Target ;-) and Champion sportswear has workout pants in Regular, SHORT, and long! YAY!!!

Getting some workout pants that fit and are pretty nice for $17.99.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I first read the title, "calling all Shorties" and almost offended that I fit in that category. But the truth is I am a shorty!! 5'3 here and I couldn't agree more with what everyone has said. Two years ago I lost 35 pounds and I thought I should have had to buy a whole new wardrobe, but instead I had most of my clothes just taken in. For me a few pounds added makes a big difference, but it seems a few lost, not so much. Maybe its just a mental thing. Oh well, I love being the height I am and my #1 reason ......... I fit perfectly with my husband who is 5'7!!
  • healthyme2be
    Options
    So glad I found this post! I'm fairly new to MFP (about a month in) and I would love to join this group. I'm 5'1 //2 and currently weigh 177 pounds, which according to my BMI is obese - and boy does it show. My goal for right now is 130. Back in 09' i got down to 146 and over the course of 2010 gained all the weight back and then some :sad: . So here I am again, on a new journey to get healthy and stay healthy. Please feel free to add me so we can all keep each other accountable
  • cynthiaaknox
    Options
    I like dinky dot! I'm 5' 1 if i stand up REALLY tall.. it is true- we have no where to hide any weight. I was well overweight at 135, working my way back down. I am ok with being short, except, when I can't reach the top shelf at the grocery store.. but then again, it's a great opportunity to reach for that top shelf when a handsome man walks down the isle!! ;) Just kidding, I'm married (but not dead!).

I was on a strict diet when i was pregnant both times- gestational diabetes. At my max, I weighed 136- nine months pregnant. I had no weight to lose when I had my kids. HOWEVER, the weight has crept on. SO, THIS TIME, I'll be getting rid of it, since I am bordering on diabetes- even at 135 (now 131.5)..

Live long, and prosper, dinky dots!
  • Tawnee19
    Options
    Hey everyone. :) At 5'2'' I definitely feel like a shorty! I'm currently at 135 lbs, but my goal is to get back to about 115 lbs. Luckily I don't tend to carry my weight in my stomach but rather in my hips, thighs and butt. Haha. I definitely have the pear shape going on. I just want to be able to wear a size 5 or 7 jeans again. Currently I wear 9s and 11s. I also just want to feel more healthy and happy. As a lot of other posters have said, it's sometimes tough finding petite size clothes that aren't too long in the arms or leg. I like Old Navy for jeans. They have a section totally dedicated to us shorties!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

I don't mind being short but I would like to be short and petite! not short and stout lol!

That's me in a nutshell. I'm tried of being stout....so ready to be petite!
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Hey everyone. :) At 5'2'' I definitely feel like a shorty! I'm currently at 135 lbs, but my goal is to get back to about 115 lbs. Luckily I don't tend to carry my weight in my stomach but rather in my hips, thighs and butt. Haha. I definitely have the pear shape going on. I just want to be able to wear a size 5 or 7 jeans again. Currently I wear 9s and 11s. I also just want to feel more healthy and happy. As a lot of other posters have said, it's sometimes tough finding petite size clothes that aren't too long in the arms or leg. I like Old Navy for jeans. They have a section totally dedicated to us shorties!

You're just about EXACTLY the same height and weight as me :-)

Although I'm more of an hour glass and carry my weight in my boobs (I'm a 30 F... yes FFFFF), hips and tummy
  • larousse_37
    Options
    **EDIT** sorry guys didn't mean to double post
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Hello all you beautiful ladies!

I am also 5' 1/2" and claimed 5'2" for the most part! At my heaviest, I weighed 265 lbs and wore mostly 22/24s. Because I was so big around, I sometimes wore 26/28 shirts --if they had buttons.

Anybody please feel free to send a friend request but like Priskar, I also opted for WLS surgery (I had lap band almost 3 years ago). No judgement please :-) It was the BEST decision of my life.

At my last weigh in, I was 142.8 lbs and at my last shopping spree, bought some size 6 jeans (short, of course!). I do still wear 8s as well....damn women's clothing...one size here, another size there....

I love being short. Yesterday, I wore a really cute, kinda short, black pleated skirt with a dark purple sweater, some black sweater tights and mid-calf high boots. On someone much taller, it would have totally looked too scandalous to wear to work, but I pulled it off because it hit right above the knee. And let me tell you, I got LOADS of compliments!

With my weight loss, I have gone down in shoe size and can fit in kids shoes.... talk about being able to save money. I don't do that often, but it's nice to have the option to buy $5 shoes every once in awhile.

Being short makes me feel more feminine. My boyfriend is 5'10" and I love how secure I feel around him...like he's my big bad protector.

I too have a problem with BMI. It says my goal weight should be between 105-135. I have no desire to be 105 lbs! I'm Latina, I have curves. I'd rather be like Salma Hayek (think "From Dusk to Dawn" when she was all curvy and sexy and not all super skinny!) than Eva Longoria (I posted a blog about this a few months ago "Salma Hayek vs. Eva Longoria" ;-) I decided to set my "mini" goal weight at 135 and then decide if I want to go a little lower.

LOVE this forum! Thanks OP for setting this up.

*PS* I struggle with my self confidence and self esteem because when I look in the mirror, I still see a "fat" girl. I feel like I don't look like I'm in the 140s and can wear a size 6. I get embarrassed when people say "hey skinny!" because I don't feel skinny... I know I am smaller and skinnier than I was at 265 lbs. I have problem areas like my tummy, triceps, and thighs.... the fat rolls are getting a LOT smaller but then there's that bra bulge...urgh!

Congrats at that huge weight loss!!

I too have issues with the whole BMI thing... I can't imagine myself at 105lbs.. it just wouldn't fit my frame. I think the whole BMI thing is crap, sure if you were a tiny frame it might look ok, but I have muscle, boobs and a bum. So there.. haha
  • lilmommy
    Options
    Im 5'2 and I swear every single .5 of a pound shows its kind of depressing at times.
  • ropedancer
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 5ft2, have a small frame, and currently sit at 135 pounds. I began this journey at 140 pounds, and I can already see little differences (my figure looks more feminine and less round). My goal is to get back at 120, which is where I was the most happy with my weight, and living a healthier lifestyle.

Being short is tricky. My guy is 6ft 5 and kissing can be a little complex, not to mention that all my food somehow ended up on the high shelves in the kitchen (discourages snacking at least!). But ultimately, I'm pretty happy being short. :)
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Before I forget: I went to Target last night (love Target ;-) and Champion sportswear has workout pants in Regular, SHORT, and long! YAY!!!

• lillmssy
    Options
    Thanks for the tip :)
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options

Really nice to know!! THanks !! I always have to buy pants, cut them off, and then try to hem them. (they never look the same again and its such a pain! )
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! It's been quiet in here! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • Bobbijo82566
    Bobbijo82566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    It has been very cold here (-18 this morning.. brrr..).so stayed in and cleaned.. :{ not my idea of fun, but it had to be done..plus I burned a few calories :)
    Have a wonderful healthy eating week!
    Bobbi Jo
  • adelsbc
    Options
    I agree with you that the BMI scale can seem so crazy! I'm 5'2 and the lightest I've ever been is 135, and that was when I was involved in sports and 16 years old! I looked great then, even though my ideal weight is much lower
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    5'3" and just shy of 200....luckily I learned to sew as a teen so I've been able to make my own clothes or at least alter them. The frustrating part of being this weight is that most petites don't go over a 16...but I'm on my way down!

Count me in for being a regular here.....I need to be accountable