Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    You, mam, are absolutely gorgeous!
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Talk to the person whose opinion matters most. She's in your mirror. Well done caring about what other people think; shows empathy. But it's your life.

I agree ^ You look fantastic! Great job!
  • kmcher
    kmcher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly,
    I think the main purpose in losing weight is to not only look good (because ultimately that's our goal) but it's to be healthy. Being healthy is very important not only physically but mentally and emotionally. Try incorporating more positivity about your success so far into your every day because it's easy to get caught up in negative emotions or feelings but more rewarding to realize how far you've come!

And I completely agree with the reviewers above. You look healthy! Keep it up!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks good. But maybe the fat isn't in your gut anymore? How are your arms, butt, thighs, etc. Get a DUNK TANK body fat measurement done. Find out what your body fat % is! That may help you figure out what you need to do next. I lost 40lbs and thought I was pretty skinny, then I had a body fat % test done and found out I was still 30%+ body fat! Whaaaat??? How can that be? Well there's a lot of fat between my abs and skin that I just couldn't see!

Maybe you're up for some strength training and toning? Adding muscle may put ON some pounds, but you will be replacing fat with lean muscle.

Don't ever get complacent with your current weight. I did and put a bunch back on. If you were fat once, you can get fat again. So keep up the good work, the diet, the exercise, the healthy choices. Find activities you like and do them!

Everyone here has good advice when they say, listen to your body. But ask yourself what you want to achieve? Did you just want to lose weight? Are you ready to get ripped? Do you want to be tone? Are you happy with what you see in the mirror? You decide what you need to do.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You've done really well and look great. Personally I don't think that you *need* to lose another 5-7lbs as you're already at a healthy weight and another 5lbs probably won't make that much of a difference to the way you look - and how do you know that you wouldn't still be unsatisfied and want to lose even more afterwards?

How do you feel in other areas of your life? I know that when I feel happy/busy/fulfilled that my weight and appearance are not at the forefront of my mind, but that at times when things have been going badly in general, I have become more critical and sad at the way I look.

ETA - if you still feel "jiggly" then you could think about weight training to firm up, BUT you'd need to feel strong enough to go by appearance and fit of clothes rather than weight alone to avoid freaking out if you put on a little scale weight from increased muscle.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    Girl, I am a size 5 and I've lost 55 lbs. It took me a year and a half and one million selfies to realize I was thin. YOU look amazing.....you did it! But it will take time, it didn't take a year to form your mindset :) Hang in there sweets, you're beautiful!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You look great to me, but what I think (or anyone else) doesn't matter. If you want to lose more (within a healthy range for your height) go for it. As long as you're doing it correctly, no crazy pills or VLC diets, I don't see what the harm is. Try some lifting if you haven't already. It really helps you look tighter and smaller.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of women feel "fat" when they're untoned. thin people still jiggle. personally, I think you look great, but if you think you need more, maybe do some weight training, and tighten up. the scale might not change, but your body will.

I hope you feel better about yourself. you've come so far and done so well. :)

This^

You've done a great job!

If you still feel you need to do more......make fitness your priority. Muscle is sleek & compact. If you don't strength train now.....start.
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    You LOOK AMAZING... just want to hug you lol

I think you should start a blog, get your feelings out there. Spread your story. This way you wont feel so alone. Are you paying this dietician, cause maybe that's why she doesn't want you to stop going? Surely you are at the maintenance part of the process???

I think you look amazing and im proud of you
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    These other posters are all correct, of course, about loving your body and all that.

However, I am your height and with my build I can tell you that I am MUCH happier and fitter looking at 118 than I am at 130. 130 is perfectly healthy and looks great on lots of women our height, but some of us with smaller bone structure can be lower and still look healthy and not super skinny.

All I'm saying is you really might find that another 10-15 pounds would make a big difference to how happy you are. Strength training is a great idea too, of course (for both your health and appearance) but the results are much slower and you ultimately still have some fat on top of that definition. Ten pounds is a couple more months of dieting and it might make all the difference you want. I'm not saying not to lift if you want to, but I am saying that you might not have to if you don't want to in order to get the results you want.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You're at a perfectly healthy weight and you look great. In the end, you should do whatever you think is best as long as your goals are healthy. No going down to 100 lbs or something crazy like that. If you want to drop to 120 lbs like your profile says, keep at it. If you're happy where you are, start in on maintenance and tell your nutritionist to go *kitten* herself.
  • Nichole195
    Nichole195 Posts: 24
    Options
    Instead of looking at the negatives look at the positives. I mean you have already have lost 20 pounds that is something to be proud of! If you are still not happy with your body then change it. Do what makes you happy instead of what others think you should do.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, but I know that won't change how you feel. You need to figure out how to make yourself happy. Set some fitness goals for yourself. Something you never thought that you'd be able to do. Work towards it, challenge yourself, and when you achieve it you will feel so good about yourself. You should be proud of how you look, but you should also be proud of what you can do. Go get 'em!
  • SaraLily
    SaraLily Posts: 30
    Options
    Man, I wish I could hug each and everyone of you!
    I am overwhelmed by such a positive response!

You all gave me great advice.

Truth to be told, I want to be fit, and I do still feel a little "jiggly". I do not work out. I know this is a problem, but I figured that I needed to lose more fat before I started to do weight training. I know weight training can actually help you burn fat, but I thought I had so much to lose that it wouldn't make a difference if I started now.

And for those of you who asked: I paid the dietitian in advance, so I still have 6-7 sessions left with her. But after that, I think I'm done.

I guess my next step is to find an adapted exercise regimen...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Truth to be told, I want to be fit, and I do still feel a little "jiggly". I do not work out. I know this is a problem, but I figured that I needed to lose more fat before I started to do weight training. I know weight training can actually help you burn fat, but I thought I had so much to lose that it wouldn't make a difference if I started now.

No no...start weight training...yesterday!
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and I understand where you are coming from. I think it is important to do this for you. If you are still not happy then keep going. People are always going to have opinions. I hear it all the time. You have gone far enough. You are skinny you do not need to lose more. Blah blah blah.... I do not care what anyone thinks. This is my body. My health. Get over it. Don't like it... don't look.
  • Purplemania
    Purplemania Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. First, you look fantastic! Second, I know that doesn't always mean anything to us when we don't feel that way. I noticed many people asking if you were seeing a therapist about your negative perceptions. Good for you if you want to; but please know that feeling or more accurately negative self image is VERY common... We all do it. When it is a problem is when it affecting you mentally, emotionally and/or physically... This may seem obvious, but sometimes if you think of your situation as the same as many others you feel a connection, a sense of community and belonging...

I too think poorly of my body and the way it looks. However, I am also aware of how awesome I look in comparison to they way I DID look; and I am also aware that I probably would never look the way I think is the "best" look. So for me its about feeling good, and the rest takes care of itself.

You look fantastic and I bet you feel fantastic.

Best of luck,

Darren
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 with a 30 inch waist as well ... but I'm at 156 lbs and 26% body fat.

The range the dietician gave you (117-125) is the low range of the BMI health scale. Sounds like she was telling you that you could go DOWN to that weight and still be considered in a "healthy" BMI range. If you still feel like you need to loose more then by all means do it. It's all about the results that you are wanting in the end. Maybe consider adding some heavy weights to your exercise routine to help sculpt your body. I've seen numerous people posting about hitting their goal weight and not being happy with their bodies because they thought that a magic number was going to give them a lean sculpted body. That only comes with hard work and heavy lifting.
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Haven't you done well - pat yourself on the back!

I am 5' 6" and got down to 140 lbs five years ago but still wanted to get down to 133 lbs I just felt that I was an average weight, certainly not slim!

So as your 5' 4" I would say 119 lbs would make you look slim and certainly not average for your height.
    You could go lower or higher but your body will tell you in the way that you feel and if you get hungry.

Hope this helps :)
  • karinaApplebombinos
    karinaApplebombinos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow. .I think you look great!
    I should probably offer advice and not just drool at your picture :o)

I think it's more important on how you feel, in your skin. . .

Its unfortunate, but what people who are close to us say means/hurts the most. I think people get used to seeing you one way and dramatic weight loss (such as yours - A M A Z I N G!! kudos to you!) scares/threatens them. When you have yo-yo'd for any length of time, your confidence may be on shaky ground... Try to ignore the tremors. Smile and say "I appreciate your concern", or something like it, and then LET IT GO! Look in the mirror and tell yourself how proud you are. Weight is a number. Unfortunately we are brainwashed that the number matters. I can never be tiny, but it was my greatest wish for way too long. EVERY day, be proud of who you are. EVERY DAY.