Turbo Jam

Options
I am wanting to try Turbo Jam, but I am almost 300 lbs. I am afraid I will spend the money and not be able to do the workout. I am really wanting to try a fun workout that I can do at home. Do you have any other suggetions of fun workouts that I can do at home? Thanks!

Replies

• LizardIsANerd
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels workout video is really fun, even though she yells at you. :) Plus she points out that she has 400 lb ppl so the same workout AND it doesn't take a big investment - just the dvd purchase and floor space to do the situps and such.
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam. It is high intensity, HOWEVER you can go easier on yourself. They have gals on the videos that never jump or leave the floor etc., due to health reasons. TJ is as high intensity as you want to make it. It is a fun workout that burns a ton of calories, but it is what you put into it that you'll get out of it. I say you should purchase them and see what you think (you can probably find used on ebay to save a little money).
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    There's Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I have Turbo Jam and I love it. I would suggest picking it up at your local library and giving it a try.

The best thing about DVDs is that you can do them at home, and at your own pace, increasing your intensity as you are able.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    I also recommend wii games or dance dance revolution as "fun" workouts but they are harder to warrant purchasing!
    I ordered the Roller Derby workout video this week too - It looks like a blast and should be modifiable to most body types but is really good for toning for derby, which is what I wanna do!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 'go for it' opinion.
    Just do what you can. If it turns out to have stuff on there you cant do yet, then you can use that as a goal ;-] Bottom line is if it is something that you are interested in and makes you motivated then go for it ;-]
    Add me if you want.
    I do the zumba thing at home and I know I must be flapping! lol
    Good luck and good job!
    jac
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a great way to start out. Like the other person said you can make it whatever intensity you want. It works and it is fun! I would for sure go there. As for the 30 day shred I had probably with all the jumping. I got shin splints with it. :/
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    All the beachbody programs are designed for various intensity. However, most people just starting out tend to over look the incredible benefits of walking. If you just walk at a brisk pace daily and eat the proper calories you will lose weight at a great pace.
    Once you get down to where you feel like you can up that intensity then get something like Turbo Jam.
    A brisk pace walk burn 85% of the calories from stored bodyfat. That's great. Give that a try for 30 days and let me know
    how you did. You'll be surprised.
  • lzam
    lzam Posts: 6
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam.. if it wasnt for TJ I wouldnt be who I am today. I was at 240 lbs when I started. I lost 60 lbs with TJ and I stand by it 100%. If you want a workout buddy.. please let me know. We can hold eachother accountable. Just log in to teambeachbody.com/lzam and sign up its free. If you have any other questions .. just let me know. Im here to help!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    If you are worried about the money all of Beachbody's programs come with money back guarentees. You can try them for 30 days and if you don't like them send them back and you get your money back no questions asked.
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Also they have one called Slim in 6 that may be a little less intense than Turbo Jam you could try.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Good Point Jay
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think I would recommend TJ over Slim in 6. I've done both and Slim in 6 is full of squats and lunges that may be too difficult at this point. TJ is easier to modify and there's also a lot of floor ab work in Slim in 6 that I know is difficult with a bigger tummy. Go your own pace and Turbo is fun. You don't have to move onto the next workouts until you are comfortable with the moves. :)