"Weird" food combos that work for you

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Absolutely none of mine are healthy.

Cucumbers and squirt cheese.
    A tortilla, with sour cream and croutons.
    French fries dipped in soy sauce *drool*
    Pizza and french fries is like my favorite combo ever
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    These might not be too weird but some pubs have them. Fried jalapeño poppers with cheese, dipped in jam or jelly. They're to die for.
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with green peas, yummy
  • anmarshall5
    anmarshall5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this topic come up, I always respond with my favorites: cottage cheese mixed with salsa or with corn. Not at the same time :wink: . Though, now that I think about it, cottage cheese mixed with corn salsa....hmmmm.....

I really like mixing canned black beans and canned corn with (cheddar) cheese and topping with salsa. It's easy and cheap. And yummy.
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bananas with hot sauce. Something about the sweet and spicy.
    Cottage cheese mixed with black olives and sunflower seeds. That has always been my buffet meal.
    I also like to spread french onion dip on my sandwiches instead of mayo.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Some people think it's weird some don't, but I absolutely love wheat toast w/ natural peanut butter and banana sliced on top of it!

I actually make this ALL the time...don't forget the salt sprinkled on top.
  • mynamealex
    mynamealex Posts: 26
    Options
    I LOVE steamed rice slathered in ketchup. Always have.
    same here!ever since i was a child!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oh I also LOVE pepper on my cantaloupe.
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    not a weird food combo-- haha found this recipe you might like for sweet potato peanut soup :)

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_peanut_bisque.html
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thawed frozen berries (I nuke 1/2 cup in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes), mixed with chia seeds (about 1/2 T) and let sit for a while, to gel. Then I mix it with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, and top with my favorite cereal. The berries and chia turn into a jam of sorts, so the yogurt doesn't get watery. This is my breakfast nearly every day.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate with extra sharp cheddar cheese or aged parmesan cheese, eaten together in the same bite...mmmm.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Cheese and honey on toast!
  • Riaria17
    Riaria17 Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: This is a fantastic idea and one I would have never thought of on my own! Looking forward to trying it.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shredded sweet potato sautéed in coconut oil and then topped with an over-medium egg! The texture is amazing and creamy. Sometimes I throw some siracha sauce and shredded parmesan cheese!
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    not a weird food combo-- haha found this recipe you might like for sweet potato peanut soup :)

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_peanut_bisque.html

That sounds amazing! Thanks! :)
  • megxmas95
    megxmas95 Posts: 26
    Options
    when I was a kid my favourite sandwich was peanut butter and tomato ketchup - I haven't had it in forever but I'm pretty sure I would love it just as much if I went back to it!
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am loving all these new ideas. Thanks everyone for contributing! This may be a "common" thread that comes up, but I haven't seen it before so I apologize if it is repetitive.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    a peeled banana sliced lengthwise with peanutbutter spread on top. Put them together and make a "sandwich"
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella cheese, walnuts and grapes at the same time in little bite size pieces. Very Italian!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    hamburger patty with an overeasy egg, peanut butter and pickle relish on top