Will I get results with this routine or am I taking it easy?

Options
I am 5 ft 9 ,195 lbs and 26 years old.

I walk briskly at 3.5 to 4.2 mph for 1 hour. Sometimes I do light jogging at 4.5 mph. I start tp break a sweat with this workout after about 30 minutes. I need a towel by 50 minute mark.

I want to start running but I have very large chest (even Enell/Panache sports bras don't help me much) so I don't want to run and break my coopers ligaments. I also had a knee injury as a teenager and it can flare up if I go too hard.

Please tell me if or where I'm going wrong! Should I increase the intensity or increase the workout time?

Replies

• norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When you say "Please tell me if or where I'm going wrong!" You didn't give us the full situation. I'm assuming you're trying to lose weight? If that' the case it's great you are exercising but you don't have to lose weight. It's going to be your diet that sheds the pounds. Keep working out no question but I'm just letting you know no matter how intense or not your workouts are it comes down to diet.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Increasing intensity and/or duration would definitely be a good thing but Sactownfilmer is right. If your diet isn't in place then it won't matter.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Might want to start with your goals...
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    When you say "Please tell me if or where I'm going wrong!" You didn't give us the full situation. I'm assuming you're trying to lose weight? If that' the case it's great you are exercising but you don't have to lose weight. It's going to be your diet that sheds the pounds. Keep working out no question but I'm just letting you know no matter how intense or not your workouts are it comes down to diet.

You. I like you.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Yep.
    You can't out train a poor diet!!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Running is great, but it isn't for everyone. If you don't feel up to it (yet), walking is a good alternative (just so boooring :tongue:).
    if you're just looking to avoid high impact, cycling or swimming are good too (and cycling doesnt seem to be as much work as running - as perception goes).

as for losing weight, yup, exercise alone doesn't cut it. but you don't have to micro-manage calories to shed a few pounds. first step is be aware of why and how much you're eating. (ad if the answer to "why" isn't "i am hungry" then leave it be...)
    anyhow, once you get closer to your goal, you'll probably have to be a bit more precise though :wink: