Not losing weight, in fact GAINING

Options
2»

Replies

• elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Why do people automatically associate weight gain with gaining muscle? she isnt lifting not one weight according to her program. I'd say it has something to do with body getting accustomed to your low calories and now your metabolism is shot. Try upping the calories a bit to see what happens or just dont worry about the scale. Focus on what you see in the mirror because according to your photo, you have already gotten to a optimal point.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started out at 57 kg around about 2-3 months ago with a goal weight of 55 kg. Before starting out I ate what I what but was fairly active (Netball two nights a week, Squash once or twice a week). However, since starting out counting calories and joining the gym I seem to have gained weight, the last weight in being 58.8kg. What am I doing wrong???

General food:

Brk - small banana
    Snack - 8 almonds
    Lunch - salad (lettuce, tomato, capsicum, small amount of protein, no dressing)
    Snack - 1-2 kiwi
    Dinner - obviously varies, generally veges and some form of protein

Gym:

Three nights a week

Night 1 - 15 min crosstrainer, leg weights, ab work, 20 min treadmill (8.5kph, 3% incline)
    Night 2 - mixed cardio for approx. 50 mins, followed by ab work
    Night 3 - 15 min crosstrainer, arm weights, ab work, 20 min treadmill (8.5kph, 3% incline)

Any tips or advice much appreciated

Muscle weighs more than fat!

^^^WRONG....muscle and fat weigh the SAME. muscle is just denser
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Eat more. But I. Addition to setting more eat more of the unprocessed junk.
    When I was cutting calories I gained weight and no not muscle weight.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    First of all, we can't give you accurate advices unless you log your foods and exercises for a bit.
    Gaining weight usually means you're eating more than you're burning, but that might not be your case, even though we can't know that without knowning exactly what you're eating, and how much you're eating of it.
    Once you've started logging foods and exercises accurately for a few weeks, if your intake is reasonable and nothing particular happens (such as water retention), you should definitely see a loss.
    Just keep sure you're eating enough and give it enough time to work. I haven't understood how long have you been doing this for and how long did it take you to "gain" this weight, but you should definitely give it 2-4 weeks to see reliable results.

This.