Starting January 2011

Options

Replies

• syedm3hdi
    Options
    SNAP. Im in it for the long haul this time. I lost around 30kg first time round when I started training about 3 years ago, but have managed to pop 20kg back on due to......well.....my mum's AMAZING cooking (no lie.....it really is that good) and work commitments.

But anyhows, I am getting married in June 2011 to an amazing lady :) so back to the old heave haul workout (need to look good for those wedding pics). Remembering how good it felt being slimmer and more active is probably the best part of my motivation to keep it up!

MFP seems a real good place so feel free to add me if you like - Look forward to getting and giving some encouragement.

A fellow chocolate Lover!

Enjoy!
  • luv2workout
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 25 pounds ... we'll see how I look at that point. But if I can lose at least 20 I'll be back to my weight of 6 months ago!! Then I fell off the fitness wagon ... :noway: That's not gonna happen this year. :wink:
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A big thank you to everyone for joining this thread, for sharing your stories, for being positive and supportive. I'm amazed and inspired by all of you!

I overate by 200 cals today, but unlike before, it was all spent on healthy food, so I haven't been stuffing on junk. This weekend I am kid free. So I plan to do a spring clean of the house, plus do the 25 min walk to and then from my high street for my optitions appointment. I'll burn off way more than 200 cals. I'll then have a fun go on my PS3 move and dance to my own bad singing with Michael Jackson and Lady GaGa. Bring on the weekend! Woo :o)

Week 1
    236lbs (0lbs loss) 
    Week 2

q6OP.png 

946094.png
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So I'm not doing great today with calories (nothing like an innocent looking "savor size" salad to decieve you) BUT, this is day #4 with no nicotine. Not a huge accomplishment but it's a start.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    So I'm not doing great today with calories (nothing like an innocent looking "savor size" salad to decieve you) BUT, this is day #4 with no nicotine. Not a huge accomplishment but it's a start.

4 days without nicotine is a great accomplishment!! It takes 3 days for nicotine to get out of your body, so you are there :happy:

Keep it up!! Just get back on track with your calories tomorrow!
  • overit
    Options
    Here is my check in for the week:

Week 1: 1.8 Loss
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Evening Everyone.

Hope you're all smashing your fitness & weight loss goals this week. Just checking in to say so far 4/7 days this week I have done some form of exercise and feel so much better with myself :smile: Body Attack did about finish me off last night though.

Hopefully the scales will be my friend on Monday when I have my first weigh in!!!

How's everyone else doing so far?

:heart:
  • wintervixen78
    Options

Sorry to hear you don't think you're doing well. I think 4 days in a row shows you have amazing strength and will power! No, you're not doing well, you're doing GREAT! :o)
    Here is my check in for the week:

Week 1: 1.8 Loss

Well done on your loss! I'm due to weight soon and hope I do as well as you.
    Evening Everyone.

Hope you're all smashing your fitness & weight loss goals this week. Just checking in to say so far 4/7 days this week I have done some form of exercise and feel so much better with myself :smile: Body Attack did about finish me off last night though.

Hopefully the scales will be my friend on Monday when I have my first weigh in!!!

How's everyone else doing so far?

Great to hear from you again. You're keeping so positive and active.

Well, I've been doing well this week. I've stayed near my calories, sometimes slightly under or over. I've substituted unhealthy Friday treats for healthier ones, or not so calarific ones. I don't really exercise, but just spent over an hour, mopping, hoovering and cleaning the whole house and kept it vigerous to burn those calories. I'm feeling the effects after only 6 days. Very happy!

Have a great weekend everyone 8:o)

Week 0
    236lbs (0lbs loss) 
    Week 1

q6OP.png 

946094.png
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Weighed in today and can't believe I've lost 9lbs. My future weight ins probably won't be as high, but if I keep dedicated, I know this weight will drop off! And keep off :happy: Thanks for your support ladies and gentlemen:flowerforyou:

Week 0
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 1
    227lbs (9lbs loss)
    Week 2

946094.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

q6OP.png
  • overit
    Options
    Weighed in today and can't believe I've lost 9lbs. My future weight ins probably won't be as high, but if I keep dedicated, I know this weight will drop off! And keep off :happy: Thanks for your support ladies and gentlemen:flowerforyou:

Week 0
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 1
    227lbs (9lbs loss)
    Week 2

946094.png

q6OP.png

AWESOME JOB!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nine pounds is awesome! That must feel great! Go you!!!

I'm definitely joining this group.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Week 0
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 1
    227lbs (9lbs loss)
    Week 2

946094.png

q6OP.png

Great job!!!!!! That's amazing!!! I hope when I weigh in tomorrow I get a good number. When you lose amounts like that it's great motivation for the next week. Keep it up!!

• wintervixen78
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! That's amazing!!! I hope when I weigh in tomorrow I get a good number. When you lose amounts like that it's great motivation for the next week. Keep it up!!

Thank you and I will! And I'm sure you'll do great too, any number is a step in the right direction :smile:

946094.png

q6OP.png
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options

Week 0
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 1
    227lbs (9lbs loss)
    Week 2

946094.png

q6OP.png

Thats fantastic, well done!.. Hope i have a loss in my first wk!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i started it on the 1st x
  • boymomthree
    boymomthree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just got started on this site yesterday and am determined to stay focused. I think seeing my food intake onscreen every single day might be a big help.

I will post my weight after I weigh this morning.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just got started on this site yesterday and am determined to stay focused. I think seeing my food intake onscreen every single day might be a big help.

I will post my weight after I weigh this morning.

Same here.... One week on here, down 3 pounds. Logging food is one of the keys, another for me is burning 5027 calories the first 7 days. My running ticker below. Look for the post about the 51 things that burn fat... good read.
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Welcome staceyb_2003, noahsmama1 and runningneo122 and great job on your losses already!! :happy:
  • Felicstt
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm a first time user. Hopefully I will be as successful as some of the others on here. I have tried many of the fad diets only to go up and down like a yo-yo and by no means were they cheap. I'm tired of waisting my money, tired of being overweight and having increased health risks. I decided to join myfitnesspal in hopes that I can get and stay on track with determination and others who are in the same boat as me giving me motivation to succeed. This is the morning of day 2 for me , goals have been set and so far so good. I just hope I don't lose focus or get unmotivated once or if I plateau.

Starting weight: 188.7
    Goal: lose 20lbs
  • dainj
    dainj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is great. I have just joined and after leaving the UK to live in Egypt I now have to take on my next challenge...getting fit! I hope we can all help eachother and my first goal is -10lbs by feb 14th! I know I have a long way ahead of me as want to get 60lbs by May 2012 but I really hope it can be done!