Getting emotional at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Please tell me if any of you all have this problem!

When I'm at the gym, especially on the treadmill, I get really emotional. I'm not having emotional thoughts really, but I feel like I'm going to cry even though I'm not in any sort of pain . . .

Thankfully it doesn't actually develop into crying but I would feel a lot better knowing it happens to other people. Thanks in advance for any replies~

Yes, I'm a woman and not that it is any of your business but: it is not my time of the month so that's not the reason.

When I do yoga I get very emotional. It brings out all of my violent thoughts. It's quite interesting.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get teary during cool down. Or at yoga. I've cried during spin class a couple of times. So... sometimes. It just happens.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't know women went through this! I feel accomplished and positive when I'm done with my workout, never emotional though... It must be estrogen related... I'll ask my girlfriend about this. I'm usually to focused on my own thing at the gym,the gym could be packed but I feel like I'm all alone because I don't pay attention to anyone.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lulz.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I asked my girlfriend about thi; she has no idea what your talking about. Then again she's a tough girl from the mean streets of Brooklyn, New York. Can't relate.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I asked my girlfriend about thi; she has no idea what your talking about. Then again she's a tough girl from the mean streets of Brooklyn, New York. Can't relate.

:huh:

Cool. You ever think that working out can be a form of therapy for some people who have been through a lot in their life? Doesn't mean they aren't "tough", it's just an activity that allows them to release those emotions. Glad you and your girlfriend don't let that sissy estrogen stuff get to you.
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

When I'm at the gym, especially on the treadmill, I get really emotional. I'm not having emotional thoughts really, but I feel like I'm going to cry even though I'm not in any sort of pain . . .

Thankfully it doesn't actually develop into crying but I would feel a lot better knowing it happens to other people. Thanks in advance for any replies~

Yes, I'm a woman and not that it is any of your business but: it is not my time of the month so that's not the reason.

When I do yoga I get very emotional. It brings out all of my violent thoughts. It's quite interesting.

You're joking, but that actually happens with me.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Wow. Defensive much? No one had even responded yet, so let's chill out just a hair.

Beyond that, I have no idea how to help. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
    I don't think I was being outlandish. One of the first responses a woman gets if they say they're upset is, "Are you PMSing?" or something flippant like "go buy some tampons." Then again, I'm 22, and I mostly hang out around younger guys, so that's probably why.

You aren't likely to incur a "go buy tampons" comment on this site to be honest.

Just out of pure curiosity and you do not have to answer, but do you by chance have some sort of mental illness?

For instance I am bipolar type 2 and I also have strange feelings while working out.

I am not trying to be rude or trying to pry into your life so please don't take the question the wrong way.
  • dbmata
    Options

You're joking, but that actually happens with me.
    I'm not joking one bit.

It's really hard to not tool up a hipster once I get out of yoga. So I took to heading to the shooting range after the angry sessions to clear out my head and be constructive.
  • dbmata
    Options

:huh:

Cool. You ever think that working out can be a form of therapy for some people who have been through a lot in their life? Doesn't mean they aren't "tough", it's just an activity that allows them to release those emotions. Glad you and your girlfriend don't let that sissy estrogen stuff get to you.

Hmmm, a girlfriend who doesn't let estrogen get to them. So. Malay ladyboy?
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago. I workout with a trainer 2 days a week. He pushes me INCREDIBLY hard. The first couple of weeks with him, I was close to puking and get super light headed. Well during this particular workout I was struggling. Sometimes we have days our bodies just don't want to work as hard. He kept pushing me and telling me I wasn't pushing hard enough. Then he had me do a 2 min. wall sit. And then he put all his weight onto my thighs! I powered through, it was soooo hard, but I was determined to make it! When the 2 min were up, and crashed to the ground and started crying! I had no idea why I was crying - but I think pushing past what you think you can do, and being absolutely exhausted can bring up so many emotions that you just cry, not knowing why!