I am New

Options
I am new and have lost about 30 pounds in a little over a year and would like to lose about another 16. I am trying to learn how to eat enough calories in a day but with healthy foods not ones filled with bad things.

Replies

• LizaJayne
    Options
    I'n new here myself. I recommend learning about nutrition on the government website http://www.mypyramid.gov/ to read about what you should be eating. It's a good base to start with. Then search this site for recipes other members have posted. I wrote out a grid with everything I should eat (for me 8 water, 6 grain, 3 milk, 2 fruit, 3-5 veggies) each day. Then I x out the box as I eat/drink it. Then I divided the food up into six meals. I portion everything out the night before and at the end of the day it should all be gone. It was amazing to learn I don't eat enough and then to see how fast the weight came off when I did. It takes a lot of research. Stick with it. I find if I constantly search for new recipes it doesn't get boring, which is when I fall back to old, bad habits. Research substitutions for fatty ingredients too and experiment with that.

Good luck. Let me know if I can offer any support.