Hello to all fellow pals

Options
Today is my birthday and I decided that this is going to be the year I finally get off this weight yo-yo (or is it a see-saw?) and get to how I want to look and feel. I know I have quite a bit to lose, but I'm not about a specific number on the scales, it's about how I look to myself and how I feel physically for me. I am happy to get to 190 to start...I'll see how my next target should look.

Anyone who has any tips or is looking for mutual motivation (is that even a term??), please, let's be friends. I am good at helping to motivate others ... but not so good when it comes to motivating myself. More often than not it's just easier to cave and get myself that cake/chocolate/ice cream that does me no good whatsoever... So, let's work together to get where we want to be!

(Wow....so not good at this) :)

Replies

• Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! THIS IS THE YEAR!! I heard you! YOU said it! So come on and let's do this! I am back after a about a month away. Family issues and a little Caribbean vacation in between had me all tied up. But I am back and ready to roll.

Advice: Take EVERYTHING in stride. Remember this is a process and a journey. Trust the Process (it's proven) and enjoy the journey. Celebrate every single victory and accomplishment, no matter how seemingly small. Take your time, pace yourself, have FUN and before you know it, you'll be where you wanna be!

-Nathan
  • lisawhish
    lisawhish Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you!!

Hope your family issues are all resolved and that your Caribbean vacation was fantastic!

Thanks for the advice. I've decided not to get so hung up on any lapses this time, nor to quit if and when I do have a laspe as I have in the past. In it for the loung haul as they say and I will do what I need to this time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now on to tips and motivation... Take it as it comes. I won't lie and say this is going to be easy, because frankly it's not. This is probably going to be one of the toughest things you're ever going to do. There will be times when you want to give up, when you can't feel/see any difference BUT PERSEVERE!!!!! You ARE going to get there! No matter how small the change is, how insignificant you may think it is, it's a step in the right direction and that is what matters.

One thing that may be helpful is to have small goals and reward yourself every time you reach a new goal. Or have post-its with motivational quotes around your mirror for you to look at when you're getting ready or perhaps a picture of yourself, whatever it is that helps you. Keep your goals in mind the next the time you go to eat cake or chocolate. Having said that though, a treat every now and then isn't such a bad idea but IN MODERATION and smaller portions.

I hope this has been helpful. Good luck :)
  • Yarynka
    Yarynka Posts: 8
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • bnguyen72485
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

1) Set a goal
    2) Take baby steps towards your goal
    3) When a negative thought process through your mind, change to a positive, and don't give up.
    4) Moderation is the key.
    5) Be happy

You got it!

Have a great day!
    :laugh:
  • lisawhish
    Options
    Thank you all very much for both the birthday wishes and the advice! I really appreciate all of your responses and will frequently come back to them in times of need or weakness.

Thanks again!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Welcome and happy birthday!
  • lisawhish
    Options
    Thanks! And, thanks again!
  • Jessicasartwork
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :)