Working out at night YES OR NO?

Hi!
somedays i dont have time to do it during the day,i was wondering if doing it at night would have any negative impact or something,or even will i burn less calories?
im talking about cardio.

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Time of day doesn't matter. Work out when you can.
  • Morning, noon, evening, night - doesn't make a difference, as long as you get it done.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    the only time that matters is the time you get there and put in.

no right or wrong answer
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Day night it doesn't matter to me. HOWEVER....there are some folks who say they get all hyped up and can't fall asleep. I dont' have that problem. I can fall asleep after drinking coffee.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    The recommendation (I believe) is that you don't work out up to two hours before attempting sleep because it might prevent or keep you from sleeping well. That said, I have finished working out and within 15 minutes showered and fell asleep with no problems. Do it when you can do it - you'll be happier overall just to have completed it!
  • anngee71
    anngee71 Posts: 1
    I have the most energy at night. I have gone to 11 am work out sessions and been totally wiped out but I will meet with my trainer at 8 pm and be totally pumped. Whatever works best for your body and schedule.
  • laceyann99
    laceyann99 Posts: 3
    I usually do most of my cardio at night. However ValGogo makes a great point, there are some nights after I am finished that I am just to energized to sleep. So, I try not to go too late because if I do, I miss out on valuable sleep. That is a great question and now you have me thinking about that :-)
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Night works better for me I eat a light supper when I get home and then I feel I have enough energy at 8, mornings I suck cause I have no energy!
  • justdance06
    justdance06 Posts: 23 Member
    Ditto to what others have said, I've heard you shouldn't work out right before you go to sleep because you may have a harder time falling asleep.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Some people will have a hard time sleeping after they exercise. If I have to lift late I pop a benadryl afterwards or I'll be awake all night.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Unless it interferes with you sleep cycle, it's not a problem.
  • MrOjeh
    MrOjeh Posts: 9 Member
    I've been doing late night workouts for years (I'm a night owl). I think my body is used to this method. On occasion, I'll do an afternoon workout, but I prefer late evenings.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Burning 400 calories in the am- 400 calories gone
    Burning 400 calories in the pm- 400 calories gone
    Skipping the gym because it's nighttime- 0 calories gone
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    I'm wondering if the whole working out before sleep only matter with women. After sex, men always fall asleep.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition