Hello fellow weight lossers! :)

Options
Hi everyone,

I've got TONS of weight to lose and it's a bit daunting so I thought I'd try and meet a few people who are in the same boat!

Any weight loss suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I've tried every diet under the sun, and I keep yo-yoing!

x

Replies

• missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm new to here too!! Counting calories and being able to account for yourself with this helps TONS!!! You got this girl!! Feel free to add me!! I'm looking for friends/motivators too!!! Good luck!!
  • ChubbyInHeels
    ChubbyInHeels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I was the same way until I finally realized the ONLY way to take it off and keep it off is that damn eat right and exercise :) Its a daily battle but Im winning :)
  • MAOWP
    MAOWP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Don't do diets, think of it as, a way of life or, a way of eating. I personally am on the Low Carb High Fat WOE and it works awesome. Find what works for you and accept it as a way of eat and just do it, for you! I too an new here, friends from another forum suggested it for tracking my intake of foods.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Losser? No I don't live in eastern Netherlands. :tongue:
  • universalsuperbeing
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've added you both! :)

I've tried counting calories, but I never know how many calories is too many! I always end up eating too much or too little!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Not sure what a losser is, but good luck OP!! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Not sure what a losser is, but good luck OP!! :flowerforyou:

????
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!!

Looking to lose about 35lb to 40lb...
    Big HIIIII
  • ejay75
    ejay75 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im fairly new but my approach is now a lifestyle change which seems to be working at the moment for me, I couldn't diet as used to put the weight & more back on, I just have everything in moderation now & try to make healthier choices where I can, good luck :)
  • universalsuperbeing
    Options
    Haha! People who are losing weight - weight loss-ers. Probably should have made that more clear! :laugh:

Thanks for the support everyone!
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm fairly new too to this too. Looking for friends to keep me motivated and who I can help motivate too. Feel free to add me :)
  • kathangel2012
    kathangel2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What I have learned is using My Fitness Pal to count calories (and be honest) is helpful and enlightening. Also if you do walk or exercise at all invest in a heart monitor so you can actually see accurately how many calories YOU burn during a work out. Machines are not reliable and every BODY is different so having a heart rate monitor really helps. I have been at this a little while and although only down about 15 lbs I feel so much better and now that I understand how much my body is burning during my workouts I can make sure I eat enough to fuel it (so my body doesn't go into starvation mode) and ensuring I don't eat too much. I will be doing this forever as it's not a diet it's my way of life. Wishing you great success :smile:
  • TriEmma
    TriEmma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I had never heard of M F P until last week. I have messed about with Weight Watchers for years but now feel this is so much easier. I have about 7 lbs to lose but haven't really decided fully.

E-speaksoon
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've got another 50 to go to get to my goal, but I'm well on the way. I agree with other posters - be honest when logging your calories, and I love my HRM :). It is a lifestyle change, so stick with things you can do for the long haul :).
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • aswarty
    aswarty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wishing you nothing but success! I've been using MFP for about 5 1/2 months now and am down 35 pounds! Feel free to add me :)
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    I have about 50 pounds to lose, you can add me.
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There's a lot of good advice on this string... Take it easy, be honest, make it the way you live, not just the way you lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have bee on here for a while - feel free to add me! I am active just about every day! :flowerforyou:
  • favoronme
    favoronme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Newbe... have tons of weight to loose. Day 3 of no bread soda cookies,soda,or cakes. Im fighting these cravings..I did Zumba Monday. Working 3 par-time jobs lots of stress lately. Im 243 5/4 BMI is 41. Im curently inquiring the gastric sleeve. Ive tried my whole life to be thin. It aint happening tired of being fat. If i get approved Im going for it.holla at me if ya like me. Ready for a new me.