Weight loss halt getting me discouraged.

Options
I have lost about 18lbs total since a few months ago, 2 month I believe and was feeling awesome and confident but despite sticking to my diet (1200 calories) and excising 4 days a week minimum the scale has not moved in 10 days now. Maybe I was just spoiled with the initial 2lbs a week loss but now it is at no loss in over a week.

My workout has been 100 dumbbell squats a day, and 4 variations of ab exercises 22 of each of them. And I bike about 10-15 miles a day. I also throw in yoga on certain days. And try to spice it up sometimes with random workouts.

Since I mainly stick to the same routine I think I need to switch it up ENTIRELY, I also upped my calories to 1400.

Hopefully I will see loss soon as this plateau is really discouraging. I tried to mentally prepare for it but it occurring like 2lbs shy of a healthy BMI isnt helping.

I just needed to vent I guess. I am not going to fall off the wagon.

Replies

• say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A lot of people seem to hit a plateau in weight loss. But you've lost 18lbs! And that's amazing! The scale will start dropping again soon. Keep it up!
  • lauraannnelson1
    Options
    A lot of people seem to hit a plateau in weight loss. But you've lost 18lbs! And that's amazing! The scale will start dropping again soon. Keep it up!

Thanks :) I know, I see here that a lot of people experience this but then I read the odd story of someone being stuck for like months and months and I get terrified and discouraged.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're at a sticking point, you need to change something up. Perhaps try to eat a little more for a week. I've seen that help. You can also just switch around your exercise plan. Check out the YouTube channels from Tony Horton (maker of P90X) and Autumn Calabrese (maker of the 21 Day Fix). They have a bunch of workouts on there to help give you ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TonyHortonFitnessTV
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPikVjAp9tuI2jRyKMOeeSg

Allan
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You are fine and not at a halt. The weight loss rate for most people varies from week to week even with a consistent plan. It is normal for the scale to remain the same for a few weeks due to sodium, water, bowls, hormones, etc. A week is not a plateau or enough time to panic. Stick to your current plan and have patience and the weight will continue to drop.
  • lauraannnelson1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I lost a lb finally. But point taken on a week not being long enough to panic. It was just the first time since my start that it stalled. I will remind myself to be patient and of the classic line, it didn't go on overnight it won't come off overnight.

I am also switching up my plan. My boyfriend made me a circuit training workout plan so I am going to try that for a few weeks. :)