Anyone know where to get

Options
a cheaper HRM that just counts calories. I want something good but I don't need bells and whistles. I need a chest strap and one that counts calories. I have a Polar F7 that has suddenly become very irratic and since my husband is now coming up on 15 months of being unemployeed I just cannot afford a new one. I am in Canada if that makes a difference. I just need a simple but accurate HRM fast!

TIA:flowerforyou:

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    they had one at walmart with a chest strap
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You might just need a new battery for yours and it shouldn't be that expensive.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Tecnically the strap battery cannot be changed however I googled it and you have to cut it apart but still doable
    i guess. Going to have hubby give it a try this afternoon.

• krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You need to just get a new strap. I sent my watch and Strap to Polar because it was acting psycho, and it was still under the 2 year warranty, and they put a new battery in the watch ( i had to pay for that) and they gave me a new strap for free. Just order a new strap if its the strap thats the issue. But you can change the watch battery.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I bought it used off ebay so there is no warranty or anything like that. I had hubby try and fix it but now it is completely useless...lol. Now I have nothing....:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have the older T31 coded. Even if I buy the newer wearlink I am looking at $60 so for $10/$20 more I can get a newer watch/strap set. I guess I will try to just sell the polar watch without the strap.

Tried to save a buck and it ended up costing me more :cry: