green tea question?

Options
So, i've heard that green tea helps with metabolism...amongst other things. I have recently starting drinking it and i think may be helping curb some hunger. has any one heard about that or had the same experience. Would love to hear what people think about it.

Replies

• thomasmarnold
    Options
    I drink green tea several times a day. Hot green tea with splenda. it seems to help my appetite and i notice it helkps me burn more belly fat then when I am not drinking it. Now people will get on here and say it is a bunch of hoowy, but it works for me....
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I actually just started to drink green tea. I haven't noticed any effects yet, but, I am hopeful! I read that you are supposed to drink 3-5 cups a day, but, I have been drinking about 6-8. I am really not sure how much I should really been drinking. I Hope that it helps to supress the appetite though, because I feel like I am always hungry!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz also recommends oolong tea for weight loss, if I ever find it I will try it. I think both are very beneficial.
  • Tonix3
    Tonix3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and try to drink it as often as possible. I don't drink anything caffenated, so I really like Tazo Tea's Lotus green tea, if you can find it. I don't know about the true health benefits, but I've always heard really wonderful things about it.
  • wtlw
    wtlw Posts: 10
    Options
    I drink the white / green tea mix.... I want all the antioxidants it provides so no matter what it helps your body :)
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm not sure about curbing hunger. But, it is said that often times hunger is mistaken for thirst... I know that I do feel fuller after drinking my tea. Regardless if it helps with curbing your hunger, tea.. especially green tea.. is amazing for you! Drink up!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've heard its good stuff and a friend of mine who has lost a huge amount of weight drinks that regular and also peppermint tea x
  • shonuh
    shonuh Posts: 3
    Options
    I read somewhere that in order to actually absorb the antioxidants in green tea, you have to drink it with lemon or sugar. I use 1/2tsp of sugar and stevia to sweeten my green tea because I have a sweet tooth.

And for people who don't like green tea because it's bitter, you're probably burning it. Green tea leaves should only be brewed for 2 minutes and with water in the 150-170F range.
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually take the green tea supplements and I have definately noticed a difference! I take it to help stabilize my metabolism, especially since I have a desk job. When I'm taking it regularly (along with correct diet and exercise), I have noticed that I loose weight a little faster. It isn't a miracle pill, but it is definately helping me!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have drank green tea but I wish I liked it better than I do. And I have heard good things about drinking green tea.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I will say for sure that it works. I've always had trouble with my digestion on and off. Anytime I'm bloated or full or anything I will have some hot green tea at night and the next day I feel tons better. I've also started drinking it and black tea too in the last three weeks and I've noticed that my weight is going down at more steady rate than before. :bigsmile: