Tattoo ideas?

Options
Ok so for reaching 50 pounds lost I am thinking about getting a tattoo.. This is my very first tattoo so I dont want anything too big(Im getting one on my shoulder).. I was thinking my kids names but I want something to go along with it cuz just names would be plain.. Ive tried looking online for ideas and theres not much.. Any1 have any cute ideas or tips? THANKS!!

P.S. I know its not really a "diet" question but its a reward for all the hard work ive done so I thought Id ask here :-)

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out tattoofinder.com???
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    I have portraits of my kids :) and i have their names...I like to do things that arent really common. I would say to choose something that has a special meaning to you. Like my middle child used to blow bubbles all the time around age 4 months and i got her name with some pretty bubbles around it :) not special to anyone but me! congrats on losing 50 lbs!!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I have two and the best advice I can give is to get something that has meaning for you. No names...no "this is in style"...otherwise you will regret it.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Ok so for reaching 50 pounds lost I am thinking about getting a tattoo.. This is my very first tattoo so I dont want anything too big(Im getting one on my shoulder).. I was thinking my kids names but I want something to go along with it cuz just names would be plain.. Ive tried looking online for ideas and theres not much.. Any1 have any cute ideas or tips? THANKS!!

P.S. I know its not really a "diet" question but its a reward for all the hard work ive done so I thought Id ask here :-)

Get a tat that says " I am friends with this realllly cute guy named Ed!" heheheh
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I always thought a single rose for the spouse and each leaf a child done with their names made to look like leafs. Also awesome job on the weight loss/ life style change:drinker:
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    as a tattooed lady my best advice would be to wait a little, think about the things that mean something personal to you, google tattooes and images of these things and go from there. Its a life-time commitment and should be something that you can live with forever, also make sure you find a GOOD tattooist, ask to see their work or if you see anyone with good work ask them who they went to.

ps. congratulations on the weight loss, its fantastic!!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    If you go to tattoo shop and tell them your idea and they should be able to draw something up for you-that's what they do where I go ;) I lost count at 13-I have a full sleeve and am working on my leg foot up to knee
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Oh HO this is my kind of topic! :D

There's MILLIONS of ideas! Go to your local studio and have a look through their designs. You may not want to pick an idea from a book, but they will inspire you! There's lots you can get for your kids. I personally love it when the kids write their own names and that gets tattooed, it can't get more personal than that! There's also footprints, drawings they've done, etc. We do stuff like this in the studio I work in all the time. :)

If that's not up your street, you can get anything to symbolise you and you kids eg. One big flower and two little buds etc etc.

But most of all, WAIT until you are 110% sure. When you pick the right idea, you will KNOW. :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not that this applies to you, but since I am part hawaiian, I want a hybrid between this

polynesian-tattoo-11599928848327.jpg

and one I designed myself

Tattoo.jpg
  • laydeedancer
    Options
    as a tattooed lady my best advice would be to wait a little, think about the things that mean something personal to you, google tattooes and images of these things and go from there. Its a life-time commitment and should be something that you can live with forever, also make sure you find a GOOD tattooist, ask to see their work or if you see anyone with good work ask them who they went to.

ps. congratulations on the weight loss, its fantastic!!

Totally agree with this!

Also, I would go to the tattoo artist, tell them your ideas and see what sketches they come up with. You may be suprised with what the artist creates for you, based on a short conversation.

And I think this is an AWESOME idea to reward yourself for a job well done! A word of warning though...they're addictive!
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    I agree. Always go to the artist. They end up coming up with stuff that is totally different and can be really cool. Plus it gets them more excited about what they're doing for you. It's their art your carrying around.