"Weird" food combos that work for you

Options
12346»

Replies

• siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    just thought of something and wondered if anyone else did this ....as a kid for birthday parties parents would always make "top hats" which were ritz crackers covered in a layer of icing and then a giant marshmallow placed on top . I never heard of this happening anywhere else lol ...but it's totally a weird but delicious combo!
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Applesauce with milk and cinnamon. It is something I grew up with and I guess I got it from my mom... Also hot Cheetos and cream cheese.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't weird but I like to keep Nestlé Toll House dark chocolate chips in the freezer. When I want a snack, I put some in a bowl and cover them with sea salt. I make sure every morsel is covered in salt.

While we are on this topic I would like to mention that my bestie eats those cake confetti pop tarts topped with eggs and cheese. I think that's a weird combo!! Gross
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich,replacing jelly with mayo. Yum
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I went through a phase of loving white rice with lettuce and mayo
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think my love of the Walden Farms Pancake Syrup has made me come up with strange ways to put it on anything!

I like to bake my cauliflower but make it sweet so I spray it with butter pam, salt, and cinnamon! Bake and then mix with cooked ground turkey and topped with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.

I also like a similar dish done with sautéed chicken, cabbage and apples, seasoned with onion powder, salt, and cinnamon then I let it simmer in a little apple cider vinegar with some stevia, served with of course Walden farms Pancake syrup

I also enjoy broiling broccoli until it’s just a little burnt at the edges topping with an over easy egg and finishing it off with WF Syrup.

Other weird combos I like to shred zucchini and add it to my oat meal to bulk up the serving size or I chop and bake cauliflower (as mentioned above) and add that to my oatmeal. I usually like apples or strawberries with the zucchini oatmeal and peaches and/or berries with the cauliflower oatmeal.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm afraid to read through this thread... I don't think I could handle all of the mustard, hot sauce and sugar-free jello I imagine is mentioned here....

Edit: Okay, I was totally wrong- like 80% of these answers actually involve peanut butter. Huh.
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I toasted half an english muffin, put raspberry jam on, two pieces of bacon and drizzeled that with Buffalo sauce....Scary good.... Pork with raspberry/Buffalo sauce combo is a win
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats mixed with chocolate protein powder and vanilla greek yogurt. To die for!!! :love:
  • Secretjannell
    Secretjannell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    salmon eaten with mashed poatoes, tastes so god but sounds disgusting
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    salmon eaten with mashed poatoes, tastes so god but sounds disgusting

I'd eat salmon with ANYTHING! Matter of fact, I'm having salmon, asparagus and steamed white rice (with ketchup obvi) for dinner tonight.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I toasted half an english muffin, put raspberry jam on, two pieces of bacon and drizzeled that with Buffalo sauce....Scary good.... Pork with raspberry/Buffalo sauce combo is a win

This makes sense. It's in line with my obsession for mango habanero sauce.
  • chari182
    chari182 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not that weird, but Movie theatre popcorn with Reeses Peices ????