The "If every day were like today" prediction?

Options
JenD1066
JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
Because it is utter crap.
Every night it promises incredible weight loss in five weeks time. Well, it has been more than five weeks, and I am no where near where it said I would be.
I dispute the veracity of it's prognostication!
Or is it just me?

Replies

• AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    it does say it is an estimate and actual results may vary...
    are you sure you're logging everything? precisely? measuring and weighing everything? is the spoon of sugar you add to your coffee exactly a teaspoon? a level tbsp of peanut butter etc? so many sneaky calories that add up...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, IMO you're not eating nearly enough calories.

Up your intake.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Getting healthier and fitter isn't just about the number you see on the scale. Are you taking measurements? I'd also recommend taking before/after pictures so you can see your progress in a more complete way. Sometimes the scale doesn't budge, but that doesn't mean you're not losing inches ;)
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue. I think mine has been pretty spot on, if not a bit under. BUT....I have A LOT to lose and I don't log my exercise. So that probably has something to do with it.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you're making the amount of progress you set in your goal, and it is a reasonable goal for how much you weigh and need to lose, I would just not worry about it. I mostly ignore it and just focus on every day at a time.
    If you're not making your goal, you may need to tweak something. Or, start measuring yourself as well as looking at the scale, and if you're losing then just be a bit more patient.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Precisely, weighing any thing that goes into your mouth... If so the you are not eating enough...
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also feel that that prediction is utter crap lol Although I do tend to sabotage my weight loss goals every weekend, with deliciousness that I can't seem to resist. So maybe it's not crap and I just need some better self-control? lol
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Mine has been accurate thus far.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I see it as inaccurate, yes, but also a nice 'carrot' approach, rather than a 'stick'. Something to look forward to as you go to sleep.:sad:
  • marlerk
    marlerk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine has been quite accurate. I looked at your exercise log.... are you maintaining a 3.5 mile pace for almost three hours a day?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Why are you starving yourself/??
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If your calorie intake for "x" weight loss is correct and you log accurately, it will be pretty darn close.
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine from 5 weeks ago to my actual weight today was exactly right! I hope what it says for the next 5 weeks is right too, it varies from losing 13-17. :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    IF, IF MFP's estimate of your maintenance, and your logging of exercise calories was correct....

IF, IF your logging of eating calories was correct....

IF, IF you did NOT slow your metabolism down by undereating...

IF, IF you every single day caused the exact same deficit....

Then yes it would be correct.

2000 maintenance no exercise - 1500 eaten = 500 deficit x 5 x 7 / 3500 = 5 lbs less than current weight.
    2500 maintenance with exercise - 2000 eaten = same.
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use it more as a wakeup call on days I go overboard with food...
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't even see that anymore since I realized closing my diary pretty much guaranteed I'd eat something afterwards!:tongue: but up to that point, it really did seem accurate when I knew my logging was accurate, that is, using a food scale and a heart rate monitor instead of so much estimating.
  • jmdrisc
    jmdrisc Posts: 4
    Options
    I just checked out your diary- as a PP said, it looks like you are eating WAY below the calories you should be. Eating a handful of nuts a day is great, but I wouldn't make that my main form of nutrients. IMO, you're body may be in starvation mode.