Lunch

Options
I'm starving but not trying to go over my calories today. What is a filling but lite lunch?

Replies

• Pkostic
    Options
    Panera's "You Pick Two" with a Classic Salad with balsamic dressing ( 80 cals) and Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup ( 90 Cals)... Hopefully you have a Panera close to you!
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    I get a 6' oven roasted chicken breast sandwich from Subway, and I find that super filling!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    soup is supposed to be the most satifying meal for the calories.....I make a big pot on weakends and eat on it all week..
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hmm...get something with a good balance of protein and carbs. I like to put a little lemon juice on tuna, toast some whole grain bread, and melt a little provolone on top. Throw some baby spinach on it (in place of regular lettuce) and there ya go! Yum.

Or breakfast for lunch is good too. Hard boiled egg sliced on a Healthy Life 80 cal English muffin with a Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese is sooooo good and very filling. Side it with some veggies. My favorite.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Panera's "You Pick Two" with a Classic Salad with balsamic dressing ( 80 cals) and Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup ( 90 Cals)... Hopefully you have a Panera close to you!

I did not know of this amazingly low combination. Wow. Thank you.
  • jhines6927
    jhines6927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cheerios or tuna works for me, Or eggs
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Also Wendy's Ultimate chicken sandwhich is very filling and not bad as a meal only 370 ca...I only drink water which helps too.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I like a big salad with griled chicken or gyro meat and tzatziki sauce for dressing.
    Subway sandwiches are great!
    lettuce wraps filled with homade tuna sald or chicken salad.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I eat those Lean Cuisine meals right now. I'm struggling with portin control, and this has always been the best way for me to get started. I eat a Lean Cuisine meal (I make sure they are under 300 calories and 7 grams of fat) and then a Yoplait fat free yogurt. Together, that equals about 400 calories. I throw in an orange or apple about three hours after I eat to stave off the hungries before dinner. So far, I've been successful. I'll do the meals for one more week, and then I'll start making my own lunch - turkey sandwich on low calorie bread with mustard, fruit, yogurt. But for me, the meals work great right now, because I know when I'm done, I'm done. No more making myself something to eat or adding a little extra, which is where I always go wrong.
  • betsyweltha
    betsyweltha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Soup and Chicken Breast....
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options

I did not know of this amazingly low combination. Wow. Thank you.

The brocolli chesse and greek sald combo isn't bad either at around 300 calories.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    If you like Japanese, tataki tuna salad, hold or drizzle the dressing (lots of sodium). Don't remember the exact calorie count, but it's salad and seared tuna. It's not awful.
  • larissa203
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm going goto panara. But also make a pot of soup so I have something accessible. I ended up having a frozen meal; the healthy choice lunch size. I didn't think it would fill me but luckily it did it's job!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Subway has some good options and you can scale back the calories by skipping the dressing on the sandwiches.