Simple Vegetarian Recipes??

Options
kristenn9715
kristenn9715 Posts: 17 Member
I'm looking for good recipes that are vegetarian and contain ingredients of 5 food items or less. If anyone has any ideas please post em!!! :)

Replies

• PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Following
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Skillet ratatouille. Eggplant, zucchini, onion, seasoned tomato sauce, red bell pepper. You can add yellow squash or garlic, make with a spray of oil for lower calories or drizzle in olive oil for more flavor.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I make black bean tacos a lot, they're pretty good.

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed then roughly mashed
    1 bell pepper, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    Taco seasoning (I make my own, but I'm sure the packet will be good too)
    1/2 c. salsa

Saute the bell pepper and onion, add salsa, taco seasoning and black beans, heat until warm.

Chickpea curry, with the spices it has more than 5 ingredients, but it's super easy

1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
    1/2 chopped onion
    1 chopped bell pepper
    a bunch of kale
    garlic

Spices:

1 teaspoon cumin
    1 tsp coriander
    1 tsp cayenne (optional)
    1 tsp ground turmeric

Saute the onions, kale and bell pepper until tender. Add spices (incl. garlic) and chickpeas with liquid. Cook about 15 mins.

Lentils and Spinach:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lentils-And-Spinach/?prop31=3

Avocado Carbanara

1/3 c toasted walnuts
    1 avocado
    juice of one lemon
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    1/4 c basil
    garlic, to taste

Puree all the ingredients together, serve over pasta.

Quinoa Quesadillas:

1/4 c quinoa, cooked in veg broth* (1 c. cooked)
    1/2 c chopped broccoli
    1 c. shredded cheese

Combine broccoli, quinoa, and cheese. Put on tortilla, cook until browned.

*optional

Chickpea stir fry

15 oz chickpeas, drained
    1 tomato, chopped
    spinach
    1/2 c sliced mushrooms (I use the whole 6 oz)
    garlic

Spices:
    dried basil, 1/2 tbsp
    1/2 tsp oregano

Heat roughly 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add mushrooms, spinach, tomato, spices and garlic until mushrooms are soft. Add chickpeas, cook covered 10 min. Place tomatoes in, let steam (about 5 mins)

Each dish serves about 4 people , except the avocado carb., it's for about 3.

I also like to make pizza using portabello mushroom caps, in place of bread.

Mushroom caps
    tomato sauce
    cheese
    (toppings of your choice)

I like:
    tomatoes
    bell pepper
    more mushrooms
    spinach
    onions
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I make sweet potato enchiladasa.

1 sweet potato
    1 lrg can of black beans
    1/3 cup frozen corn
    1/2 lrg onion
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp minced garlic
    2 tsp cumin

Boil or microwave the sweet potato. When soft, put diced potato in skillet and add the rest of the ingredients. When warmed up, add the mixture to whole wheat tortillas and bake until crispy. I use the small ones, and will eat 2 as serving. I get 8 out of the recipe, and wrap the rest in tin foil and freeze.

I top with Mrs. Renfros Tequila salsa and light sour cream. They are so yummy! You can add whatever ingredients too. My friend makes hers with cheese, but I don't like the extra calories.
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Black bean bowls:
    -can of black beans
    -saffron rice
    -onion
    -peppers
    -tomato
    -avocado
    -your favorite hot sauce

Sautée the peppers & onions while the rice is cooking. Pour in the black beans over the cooked onions. Add hot sauce ( I usually add cumin, cilantro, and red pepper flakes but you asked for 5 ingredients). Spoon rice into bowls & top with bean mixture, tomatoes, and avocado. Serve and enjoy :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I make enough of some kind of vegetarian patty (lentil/walnut, quinoa/black bean, falafel) to freeze. They freeze really well uncooked and I haven had a problem leaving out egg, even when the recipe requires it (cooking the beans from dry helps). Then they are sitting in my freezer, individually wrapped in parchment paper, so I have them ready To go when someone wants one. I just get them on the stove top over low heat, partly covered.

They aren't usually under five ingredients, but they are quick if you have them in the freezer.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    need to read this and post when I have time!
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    I make enough of some kind of vegetarian patty (lentil/walnut, quinoa/black bean, falafel) to freeze. They freeze really well uncooked and I haven had a problem leaving out egg, even when the recipe requires it (cooking the beans from dry helps). Then they are sitting in my freezer, individually wrapped in parchment paper, so I have them ready To go when someone wants one. I just get them on the stove top over low heat, partly covered.

They aren't usually under five ingredients, but they are quick if you have them in the freezer.

Mind sharing that recipe? I love veggie patty's but haven't been too successful in finding one I like. Message me if you like.

Thanks in advance.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of roasted veg soups. Roast a mix of squash, onions, garlic, carrots, apple, etc with olive oil and s&p. Add veg broth and puree. Easy! I top with plain yogurt and red pepper flakes.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Black bean/ quinoa patties: 160 calories in 1/2 cup.

-Cook 1 lb soaked black beans until think and mushy. I add one or two diced onions, some celery (sauté veggies first) and 1-2 T chili seasoning to beans while cooking. Don't drain, boil down.
    -Mix cooked beans with. 2-3 cups of cooked quinoa.
    -Add 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs. I just pulse some whole wheat bread in my blender.
    -let chill in fridge for awhile
    -when cool, form into 1/4 cup patties for small burgers, or 1/2 cup for big ones. Sprinkle with Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning (the barbecue seasoning makes a difference)
    -wrap with parchment paper and freeze in bags

The lentil/walnut recipe I use is from Foods magazine. It will come up if you search for it. If you will be freezing them, freeze them before cooking. I make these into little 1/8 cup patties because they are really rich, but they are my family's favorite. My husband says they remind him of sausage.

I used a vegan falafel recipe from online. I'll message you the link tomorrow because I need to go look it up.
  • meganme1973
    Options
    I love the Dr. Praegers spinach pancakes in the frozen section. They are all natural, made mostly of spinach, potatoes, onions and egg whites. They're only 80 calories per pancake, so I usually have two with some light cottage cheese on top. About 250 calories and 2 minutes of "cook" time for a yummy dinner. :-)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my faves:

Creamy Avocado Pasta: avocado + lemon + basil + pasta http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
    Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta: tomato + basil + cashews + garlic + tomato paste + pasta http://ohsheglows.com/2011/05/10/easy-tomato-basil-cream-pasta/
    Vegetable Tian: summer squash + garlic + herbs + olive oil http://thefoodyenta.com/wp/?p=173
    Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta: tomato + basil + onion + garlic -- Sautee chopped onion and garlic until translucent, add in chopped fresh tomatoes and basil to taste, simmer, salt + pepper to taste, toss over pasta and serve.

There's a ton of other great recipes on ohsheglows.com. Haven't been disappointed by a recipe yet!