Do I Dare?

Options
I weighed myself and I'm down 1 lb! But do I record it? I'm afraid once I type that new weight in, t will be back tomorrow! lol Is it just the normal up and down or water weight?? I would love to put it down to say I'm doing something positive, but can't trust that it's real.

When did you post your first lost pound or two?

Replies

• dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would record my weight once a week. I sometimes weigh myself daily; just for the fun of it. My weight fluxuates everyday. So, I typically record once a week. If it's a little gain from one week to the next, don't get yourself down. Just go back through your diary and see where you can cut calories. That's what I do.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree with dmmarie. Pick a day and time of the week and use that weight every week. You can weigh yourself throughout the week if you must, but only count your weigh in day as they day to record it!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I record once a week. If I gain back I record that too. MFP won't post your gains for the community to see. Just your losses.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I agree, once a week is when I record mine too. It's just too easy for me to get discouraged if the scales go up even an ounce, so for me, weekly recording works out great! Women will always fluctuate in numbers, so weighing daily can have a negative impact! However, having said that, I still like to weigh about mid-week just to see where I am, but I don't record it! Good luck and happy weighing!!
  • MaryMary11
    MaryMary11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I record once a week. If I gain back I record that too. MFP won't post your gains for the community to see. Just your losses.

That's good to know!!

thank you everyone! I think I'll stick with Thursdays as my "weigh day." It may give me motivation to be good over the weekend. :)
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I once read an article that you should always weigh yourself on Mondays. Because, you will be thinking about eating better over the weekend, because you know that you weigh in Monday morning. I found that this works well for me.
  • MaryMary11
    Options
    I just recorded...and it looks so good to see that on my signature! I can't wait to get that number higher!!
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) It can be exciting and make you wonder if it's really true when the number goes down. My stats here on MFP don't reflect all my losses. It used to be that when my weight went down I'd wait a day and weigh again before I trusted it as more than just an anomaly. :p
  • MaryMary11
    Options
    Thank you!

I'm hoping seeing the number 1 will be motivation to keep going and get to number 2 or 3. :)
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It will! But be prepared, you'll probably have days where the number goes up instead of down. Just accept that it will happen and stick with your efforts.
  • MaryMary11
    Options
    I know that's bound to happen, but writing it down makes it feel better. It may also make me more accountable to that lost pound. I have to keep going or all that work to lose that little pound was for nothing.

Working out today really reminded me of how good it was to be thin. I remember those days and want them back! lol