New to this

Options
I got motivation from several places, but honestly I want to be able to hold my grand kids one day, ( if they ever have any.lol)

I had a bad eating routine, where I saw food and ate it. I am trying to lose 20-30 lbs and Ive cut my calories drastically and started to do execises too. To say this is something new would be an understatement. I have had no motivation in the past, but now I do. Its like a light switch went off and now im gung ho.

My problem is that I am not eating enough calories, I mean really low amount. I try to eat more, but Im full. Any suggestions, as I want to lose the weight But I want to do it healthy.
Ive been riding an exercise bike 30 minutes a day moderate level and open to suggestions on how to continue to lose weight

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Try adding some calorie dense foods. My favorite is tree nuts like almonds, walnuts and pistachios. I have lost almost all the weight I need to but am still losing. I plan on getting some protine supplements this weekend to give me a calorie boost and to help me get a little more lean.
  • moose2626
    moose2626 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I guess I should have stated that I cant eat nuts.
    I guess I can look for some protein boost shakes or something.
    again thank you for your imput.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Protein supplements are great like the previous person said as are nuts. Also consider some higher calorie foods that are dense in healthy fat like avocado or a healthy grain that is loaded with fiber and protein like quinoa. I have an open food dairy for friends if you are looking for more ideas you can shoot me a friend request.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Please dont set yourself up for failure and it me it sounds like you have! You cant just cut everything you enjoy to eat and except not to crash sometime and decide its too hard, turn around and gain it all back! That is my opinion thou, good luck you can do it!