Don't be so hard on yourself, let's be proud instead!

Options
<=========== I came across this before pic of myself the other day as I was cleaning out my email. I never truly grasped the fact that for so long I was in denial about my weight. As I still have 20-25 lbs to go til goal weight, this before pic reminds me just how far I've come and to not be so hard on myself that I'm not at goal weight yet. We are our own worst enemy. I can't just measure my success based on what the scale says. I measure it in everything I do. Flipping tires, doing mud runs, being able to run and play with my daughter, setting a good example for others that anything is possible. #neverstopfighting

Replies

• Aussie_in_PA
    Aussie_in_PA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Look at your changes! Amazing

I found some "interesting" photos of me over the last 18 months. geez, never again - Glad I am over half way back.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I was a bit down and not liking my results until I had to lift 40 pound bags of top soil. That is how much I used to have to carry around on my body all the time. No wonder I was always tired and never wanted to do anything. It's like looking back at the old you and that person being almost a stranger at this point. :wink:
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    omg what were you doing to get so dirty? i want to do it lol
    but seriously every word you said is true, we are our worst enemies, i think sometimes we get that focused on where we want to be, and the fact that we aren't there yet, that we do forget how far we've come
    i'm going to remember this post the next time i'm down on myself
    thank you and good luck getting to goal x