Day One *AGAIN*

Options
bluetinker74
bluetinker74 Posts: 23 Member
How many of you have been here on day one over and over again? I have been here more times then I like to count! Dont understand why I put my body through this time and time again....in the same boat?! Well I could use a few friends :) add if you like :) I feel I have
A long road ahead! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    Sent you a FR. I've done the same thing...like four times!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean lol. We can do this!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just started over again last week... At least Im starting over right? Hang in there!
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Started for my third time again today! But I feel so much better already! I'm just back from my second run in quite a while and I know I don't look any better, but I feel like I do, and that's half the battle! Just keep truckin', and you'll be there before you know it :):flowerforyou:
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    First off, welcome back. It's great to take control. But let's get one thing straight: this isn't Alcoholics Anonymous. You haven't "fallen off the wagon." You aren't "starting at day one." And you're definitely not 12 steps from a svelter you.

Weight loss and fitness is often called a journey--it's an overused trope, but it's used for a reason. It takes time. it takes effort. It takes consistency. But it doesn't take the literal all-or-nothing approach that defines a life of sobriety, and the effects of eating over your calories on one day can be mitigated by a few days of strategic calorie distribution, which, by the way, is not cheating.

Losing track of goals happens in life, but it's not significant that it happens because that's normal. It's natural to deteriorate in motivation or desire. Entropy is programmed into the order of the universe, and let's not pretend we are external to that. Some people are more prone to its effects and others less so; but it's clear based on the fitness and weight loss rates of success that the UNusual thing is to stick with it.

With this in mind, perhaps it's not the best idea to seek friends who also are prone to frequent start overs. Find a group of solid, committed friends whose dedication can encourage (or shame) you into consistency, depending on the case. In the end what matters is not how you feel along the way. It's that you took every step.
  • 1974lynnette
    1974lynnette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've done it several times. Not just with MFP but with Weight Watchers, fad diets, & on my own. You are not alone.
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    me! I've also changed my nicknames and pix. :) Who cares, I'm back, right?
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that there is no starting over. Life is a continuum. As much as we might like, we can't start over again. We can only pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, deal with the consequences of our bad choice, and continue on.

I think realizing this has helped me avoid the trap of "oh well, I've already gone over my calorie count today. I might as well eat as much as I want of all my favorites over the weekend, then I can start over on Monday." no. Simply no.
  • bluetinker74
    bluetinker74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Taken in all your words..thanks for the friend request