30 Days and 20 pounds lost...Let's keep it going!

Options
ChrisSelf19
ChrisSelf19 Posts: 2 Member
So, I started off exactly 30 days ago and I've been strictly counting calories. Running/Jogging/Walking just hurts my knees and hips too much right now, so I felt like I wanted to lose a good 20 pounds or so before I jump in and start exercising.

My first week was awesome with several pounds of 'water weight' lost. Second week was great as well, total of 17 pounds lost in 14 days. I was feeling really great! Then, over the next 3 days, I didn't count my calories and gained 3 pounds. VERY FRUSTRATING!! But, I got back on course and I am now, after 30 days, down by 20 pounds. What's great is that I don't feel cheated at all. I'm making some better choices, but not depriving myself of anything that I really really want. I just account for it in my calories. I've substituted water instead of soda or sugared up coffee. That has been the hardest change. Now, if I want that sweet drink, I add a little Mio to my water and that seems to satisfy the craving.

The biggest thing I've learned is to just take it one day at a time, really one moment at a time. Making the decision to eat a grilled chicken salad instead of burger and fries is easier if I don't think that I will never be able to have a burger and fries. I can choose to have it if I want to...but I choose not to. It's very empowering knowing the choice is completely mine.

As I move forward, I'm hoping to start exercising this weekend. Probably mostly cardio and some high rep/high intensity weights.

Here's to the next 30 days!

Replies

• eversosquidly
    eversosquidly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight to lose in a month. Just make sure you're not under eating.

Also, consider the fact that each pound is 3500 calories. I don't see it being possible for most people to eat 10500 calories over three days to gain those three pounds in a 'permanent' way. It's likely that you're holding water from sodium. :) Gaining that much weight in such a short period of time is unlikely. But I could be wrong.

Regardless, good luck!! I hope you reach your goal and congratulations on your first 20 pounds!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!