Heart rate monitors

Options
AidenWells
AidenWells Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys, anyone got any advice for me on heart rate monitor, for meausring calories aswell, i want it to suit all my sports e.g. Insanity, running, swimming, football and weights. Ive been looking at the polar ft7, and looking to spend no more then £70. If anyone has any reviews or recommendations that would be great!

Replies

• 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey

I have a polar hrm and its fab !! wouldn't be with out it !
  • BeckyDavies83
    Options
    I also have a polar and LOVE it!!! Definitely a great investment :)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT7 is what I currently use. I had a TimeX Ironman or something prior to this which I also loved until it refused to work. I have no complaints for the FT7. It was well worth the money and the strap is comfortable and washable (HUGE plus).
  • KatyMiriam
    KatyMiriam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My trainer is encouraging me to get a heart rate monitor and she recommended this website which has a fair few of the polar range (UK website - I'm guessing by your profile pic you're from this side of the pond too?!)
    http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/polar-ft7f-black-gold/18706
  • Pink_Weights
    Pink_Weights Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 and I absolutely love it. I link it to Endomondo and then sync my work outs here. Love, love, love!
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7. I've had it for about a week. This is my first week using it and it makes me want to strive to do better with burning calories. MFP definitely overestimates its calories burned for the different types of exercises. That's why I wasn't losing like I should have been. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in. I'll find out tomorrow how I did.
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Can you use the Polar FT7 when swimming to measure calories burned?
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Can you use the Polar FT7 when swimming to measure calories burned?

As long as you're not diving. Polar states that the FT7 is water resistant for 30 meters and suitable for bathing and swimming.
  • megannnn15
    megannnn15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to Polar FT60 and I love it. The advantage that it has over the FT6 or FT7 is that it keeps track of the cals burned per week as well as the HR zones! Hope this helps!
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Pull the trigger, dude. Polar products will treat you right!
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As long as you never need customer support which you will.-