Frozen Dinners - Really that bad?

13»

Replies

• alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    I try to limit myself to one frozen meal per day because of the sodium. They are great because I can buy 5 on Sunday and stock them in my office freezer to avoid forgetting my lunch and choosing to go out to eat. If I didn't have something readily portion-controlled, I know I would have terrible binge issues.

My new "treat" food is a frozen Jimmy Dean D-Light breakfast croissant in the morning - low calories but high in sodium.

First few days of this new lifestyle, I am pretty sure I had sodium withdrawals because my previous diet was so terrible.

If you are a problem overeater like me, frozen meals can help readjust your stomach. After that, I plan on cooking my own big batches of healthy foods on Sundays and freezing the leftovers in portion controlled containers.

Temporary solution to a long-term health goal.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    I used to eat them all the time and I think I gained a ton of weight from it. It would be much easier to cook up some organic, no-MSG soup or put on a pot of water and cook up some whole wheat spaghetti, or even making a PB & J sandwich with whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter and a little fruit preserve. Or just eat a bag of pre-made salad with some balsamic vinaigrette. That's probably the fastest and healthiest, and the finish up with some fruit (also doesn't require cooking).
  • nika8602
    nika8602 Posts: 1
    want to loose weight? Forget frozen, overcooked, overprocessed -- eat fresh!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    I find it shocking that most of the replies, except for one, point out the sodium. Yes the sodium is bad, but I find all the other non food stuff in it that completely puts me off that stuff. I think that they are THAT bad for you. And microwaving fake food in plastic just adds to it.
This discussion has been closed.