Ugh! So unmotivated

Options
2»

Replies

• 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just cant do evenings -I a am normally much more motivated for mornings. I find work outs in the evenings very sluggish, I am more likely to give up and I often get stiches from having eaten in the day (even if it is a few hours later that i am at the gym). not to mention my whole evening has then gone and i have no rest time at all in the day. I have time in the morning so really should learn to use this 'free' time rather than eating into valuable time in the evening. i do sometimes go in the evening but this is on the occasion rather than a routine

People have made me realise it is definitely a motivation issue that i have hit over the last few weeks. Cant properly commit myself to any one thing and exercise is becoming sporadic. I need to just do it rather than give myself the option of going back to bed. less thinking and more habit forming

amazed how much more hungry i am though today! that took me by surprise. there was me thinking i was doing so well with logging and calorie control but it was the lack of exercise stopping me from being hungry lol

xx
  • 95Tashey95
    Options
    not to mention that my gym is soooo busy in the evenings and i cannot get parked (if people suggest walking i cant, its a good few miles away on a motorway)

but i do on the occasion go for a run in the evenings but that is weather dependent (i am a bit goldilocks with running, not too hot not too cold lol)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I was really unmotivated to do the dishes last night....but they needed doing so I did them.

I was really unmotivated to go to work this morning...with the long weekend ahead, that's all I can think about...but here I am bringin' home the bacon.

I'm not all too motivated to go on my ride at lunch today...but it's Thursday and I ride on Thursdays, so I will ride.

If I just did things based on my mood, emotions and motivation, I probably wouldn't get **** done....
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    go to amazon.com look up Clocky.....it is an alarm clock that runs away and wont turn off until you catch it and turn it off. IT will literally roll off your nightstand.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're making progress. That's good. If you haven't already done it, follow the above advice to put your alarm clock across the room so you have to get up to shut it off. And then stay up. Even if you don't exercise that day, stay up. Your body will adjust and you'll get used to the earlier time. Once you're used to being up early, the decision to work out becomes much easier.
  • 95Tashey95
    Options
    It sounds like you're making progress. That's good. If you haven't already done it, follow the above advice to put your alarm clock across the room so you have to get up to shut it off. And then stay up. Even if you don't exercise that day, stay up. Your body will adjust and you'll get used to the earlier time. Once you're used to being up early, the decision to work out becomes much easier.
    Great idea about get up anyway. I really like that. I am uo so may as well exercise is
    A fantastic approach. Thank you
    Clocky sounds very cute lol.