Low Calorie Lunch Ideas?

Options
I really need some ideas of some simple low calorie lunch ideas. I have been eating salad most every day and I am SICKKKKK of salads! And please, keep it simple because I'm no chef! Haha

Replies

• RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    388 calories and very tasty: whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard and 3 slices of oven roasted turkey deli meat. Very good and fills me up!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,712 Member
    Options
    My typical lunch is 200 g of defrosted frozen veg and some protein. Protein could be leftover meat, or a boiled egg and a few slices of turkey based cold cuts or crab sticks. A little dollop of chilli sauce, salsa, chutney, pesto, salsa verde, anchoiade, tapenade, guacamole or chimchurri keeps this from being boring.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my lunch will be spring mix greens, tuna salad, and a slice of cheese on a whole wheat tortilla. I have carrots in lieu of chips.
  • KelseyDiane91
    KelseyDiane91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    whole wheat orowheat sandwich rounds, 1 can tuna with some mayo with olive oil, some sweet relish, and deli mustard (optional) to make a REALLY good Tuna sandwich and is less than 300 cals. That with some kind of side snack is a typical meal for me.

OR I do the same sandwich rounds and some egg salad. I use the same olive oil based mayo which is lighter and deli mustard which is low calorie.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hummus and some cucumber/carrot cut into sticks, and/or crackers/cut up toasted pitta. Very low cal depending on the amount of hummus/crackers/pitta! If you have/can get hold of a little Tupperware pot for the hummus and have a fridge at your work then it's pretty easily portable.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Simple sandwiches loaded with protein and veggies, Mission carb balance wraps with the same protein/veggies, tuna, low sodium soup, leftover chicken and veggies, greek yogurt with fruit, hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks... Any combo of these typically.
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    6 oz grilled chicken breast
    8 oz broccoli
    hot sauce
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    What about cooking extras of dinner the night before and taking that for lunch?
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Today I had cottage cheese (Breakstone 2% in the little 4 oz cup) and about 115 gs of cantaloupe cut in cubes. 128 calories, 11 protein, 3 fat, 16 carbs. Fresh, light, delicious. Could easily be doubled.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    If you live in North America, I would suggest some kind of light bread. My lunch today was super filling and ~150 calories total. I got to have a salad and a sandwich! I had light bread (Market Basket light wheat, 35 calories a slice), about an ounce total of meat, and some lettuce on that, and I poured some Apple Cider Vinegar on one of the slices to give it some juiciness.

Then for the salad, I had romaine lettuce, added in what veggies I wanted (I added tomato, onion, raw mushroom, cucumber, and raw broccoli) and my Italian dressing (got it from the Dollar tree, called Little Italy Zesty Italian dressing, very low comparatively in calories and sodium) and I only use 1/2 serving of it because that's enough to liquify the whole salad. The salad was pretty large and that plus the sandwich was definitely filling!!

Considering doing something like that :)
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hummus wrap! 2tbsp hummus on tortilla factory 100 calorie wheat tortilla. Add cucumbers lettuce & red peppers with a little lemon juice. About 160 calories. Sometimes I add chicken or shrimp if I need protein for an extra 100 calories.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    can of soup with a can of veggies in it (try green beans or sliced carrots they are very low cal). You could to eat half of it with 5 wheat ritz crackers, but sometimes I eat the whole thing without the crackers.
  • hurricanekaty
    Options
    These are all terrific ideas, thanks so much!!.:)
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat small pieces of cheese, salami, olives, almonds, and fruit or veggies. I make BLTs without the bread. You can even ad avocado to it and it makes it really yummy :-)

Edit to add....I put together little plates of a variety of those things....makes it interesting.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I keep canned soup in my work desk drawer, as well as a few low cal frozen items in the freezer like egg white and canadian bacon sandwiches.

Chicken tenderloins can be marinated overnight, they cook really fast, and you can thrown them into salad, pasta, wraps, whatever. You can cook up enough for a few days and do something different with them every meal.

Pita stuffed with hummus, lunch meat, turkey sloppy joe, chili, chicken strips, steak strips, or anything else that sounds good.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Tuna Salad sandwich. One pouch tuna (low sodium if you're watching it), a TBSP or two of dill relish (sweet if you prefer), unsweetened plain yogurt maybe 1-3 TBSP, packet sweetener if like my you're used to miracle whip and not mayo, and any diced veg you like... I usually dice a tomato and add some spinach leaves. Stuff it all in a mini whole wheat whole grain pita. Whole thing is VERY filling and usually less than 200 calories. If you need an extra bit of protein, some people like to add grated cheese. Also, you could use hummus in place of the yogurt for a different feel...more like a tapenade I think!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I try to have around 400-500 calories for lunches nowadays but tomorrow I am having homemade butternut squash, chilli and quinoa soup (very thick) with a chicken breast. To lower the cals you could omit the quinoa?
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    My favorite is Tuna Salad sandwich. One pouch tuna (low sodium if you're watching it), a TBSP or two of dill relish (sweet if you prefer), unsweetened plain yogurt maybe 1-3 TBSP, packet sweetener if like my you're used to miracle whip and not mayo, and any diced veg you like... I usually dice a tomato and add some spinach leaves. Stuff it all in a mini whole wheat whole grain pita. Whole thing is VERY filling and usually less than 200 calories. If you need an extra bit of protein, some people like to add grated cheese. Also, you could use hummus in place of the yogurt for a different feel...more like a tapenade I think!

yum! this sounds great!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I really need some ideas of some simple low calorie lunch ideas. I have been eating salad most every day and I am SICKKKKK of salads! And please, keep it simple because I'm no chef! Haha

I LOVE chicken salad warps. I do the chicken salad with greek yogurt instead of mayo and get spinach wraps. Throw in sweet red peppers, lettuce and tomato and you have around a 300-400 calorie lunch. You can make up enough chicken salad to carry you for a few days too, so time saving.
  • kaileekason
    kaileekason Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like spreading a low carb wrap with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, putting a few dashes of Frank's hot sauce on the cheese and topping with grilled chicken tenders for a Buffalo Chicken Wrap.

I also like to make chicken stir frys with cabbage, mushrooms & zucchini with some soy sauce.