21 Day Fix - REAL results/opinions ..no coaches

Options
I'm really struggling with weight loss right now and am on the fence about ordering 21 day fix

It looks simple and I have a really busy schedule and this would save alot of time.

Id love to hear reviews and opinions from real people who have done or are currently doing the program

Please let me know :)

Replies

• liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 22?

^^ding

I have a really busy schedule as well and I plan my meals and find time to get some workout in (walking, running, parkour, yoga)
    you just go to shift things around and make time, eventually you will get used to it
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Lost 7 pounds and 1 inch in the first week, another friend lost 6 pounds in the first week. We've all learned how to drastically change our eating habits and see how messed up we were eating!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You say it "looks simple" and that you have a "really busy schedule", therefore saving a lot of time.

We all have busy schedules but you have to make the time to plan ahead your meals and your workouts. Looking at the 21 Day Fix plan it seems you have to pack your foods into little portion controlled containers. How is that different from what you would normally do? How is that saving time? It still involves planning.
    The workout plan thats included comes with at least 3 different dvd's, targetting upper body, lower body, and total body. You can acccess any amount of workouts on line for FREE that do all of that. Try fitnessblender or the BeFitChannel on youtube.

I think in the long run you can save yourself the money and make the time to make better food choices/portions and schedule in workouts. As some other posters have asked, what happens on Day 22? If you haven't made nutrition and exercise a lifestyle you can stick with, then no amount of "quick fixes" will get you the results you're looking for.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You can save a bunch of money by going to the Dollar Store and picking up some containers to put your premade meals in. Basically that is what you are paying for with the fix. They give you some tiny containers, a calorie goal, some meal ideas and that's about it.
  • hollynicole_22
    Options
    What happens on day 22?

If you still have more weight to lose you do another round. Some of the success stories report losing almost 100 lbs in doing 10 rounds. That's almost a whole year.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You say it "looks simple" and that you have a "really busy schedule", therefore saving a lot of time.

We all have busy schedules but you have to make the time to plan ahead your meals and your workouts. Looking at the 21 Day Fix plan it seems you have to pack your foods into little portion controlled containers. How is that different from what you would normally do? How is that saving time? It still involves planning.
    The workout plan thats included comes with at least 3 different dvd's, targetting upper body, lower body, and total body. You can acccess any amount of workouts on line for FREE that do all of that. Try fitnessblender or the BeFitChannel on youtube.

I think in the long run you can save yourself the money and make the time to make better food choices/portions and schedule in workouts. As some other posters have asked, what happens on Day 22? If you haven't made nutrition and exercise a lifestyle you can stick with, then no amount of "quick fixes" will get you the results you're looking for.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's working out and putting food into containers....you can do that without paying whatever ridiculous amount they charge. Just eat less, you'll lose weight for free.

ETA: OP, could you please come back and post how many PM's from BB coaches you got? I'm always curious about that whenever I see someone start a thread that has anything to do with Beach Body!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 22?

If you still have more weight to lose you do another round. Some of the success stories report losing almost 100 lbs in doing 10 rounds. That's almost a whole year.

You get BETTER RESULTS in a year by creating a caloric deficit and GUESS WHAT OMG ITS FREE
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I looked at it because a friend at work is doing it. It did not look simple to me. I think the easiest thing in the world is to eat whatever you want as long as you weigh/measure/ log/ and eat at a deficit. My friend at work has not lost a pound. it's been 2 weeks
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    No need to waste money, use MFP
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I AM a Beachbody coach, and I know you said no coaches, but coaches do know a bit about the program. I myself have no specific interest in the program but lots of my friends have used it and have gotten good results. The exercises are considered to work well for all fitness levels, but the main idea behind 21 Day Fix is that it teaches balanced eating habits. The container system helps you to know what to eat, how much, and when - so if you are a person who struggles with nutrition, it could be a good option for ya. I don't have interest in the program because I feel like I eat just fine, but yeah - I think that's the main draw.

Healthy eating, regardless of whether or not you decide to go with 21 Day Fix, does require a little bit more planning and prep work on your part. So if that is something you can commit to, go for it.

And to the person who asked about what happens on day 22? :) Many people with more amounts of weight to lose choose to repeat the program multiple times to continue to see results. A person who is already in good shape might use the program as a way to do a quick tighten/tune up before a wedding or vacation. It's 21 days because it takes 21 days to form a habit, but the habits can be ongoing and fit your healthier lifestyle.

I don't think 21 Day Fix is currently on backorder but it was the most massive roll-out in Beachbody history. I couldn't friggen believe it, lol.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    ETA: OP, could you please come back and post how many PM's from BB coaches you got? I'm always curious about that whenever I see someone start a thread that has anything to do with Beach Body!

Yes, please, do that. I'd like to know, as well.

So far, we have one Herbalife and one BB coach who don't follow instructions. And the BB coach chastises the Herbalife coach for her post. Classic.

greatlakes_1930.jpg
  • elleloch
    Options
    Lol, I only got snarky because the other rep recommended a product that wasn't even asked about.

Not all coaches are vultures, btw. I'd never try the MFP forums to "make a sale" or fill up a challenge group. I'm a hobby coach more than anything.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I know some people it worked for... but they already had an ok weight. That's my problem with it... you can't expect a person of normal weight and a morbidly obese person to use the same containers really.
  • elleloch
    Options
    I know some people it worked for... but they already had an ok weight. That's my problem with it... you can't expect a person of normal weight and a morbidly obese person to use the same containers really.

You actually get assigned a calorie goal based on your current physical stats - like height, weight, activity level (much like MFP) and then follow the plan for that calorie goal. So a bigger person would use the same containers, but use more of them, if that makes sense. And then when you lose more weight your goals can change.
  • elleloch
    Options
    I just answered a question about the program MrM - no promotions here, or did you not actually read what I wrote? :)

I guess mentioning that you're a coach is a no-no. I might have been better off just talking about what the program is.