Been there, done that! *PIC HEAVY*

Options
2»

Replies

• EJOY1988
    EJOY1988 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Same here... In 2.5 months time I have gained back 18 of the 72 lbs. I lost over the past 2 years. I started with eating out just once, and exercising less and less until I started again not really exercising at all, eating out a handful of times a week, and junk at home loading my plate with carbs. and sugar. I think my biggest weakness is eating from a pint of ice cream and packs of gummy snacks while I'm doing school work. I have completely went back to my old ways! It's definitely time for me to start over and take a hold of this before I let it go any further. So I have actually decided I'm starting over today with a clean slate and new goals by resetting my start weight as what it is right now, and eating healthier again jumping in all or nothing! I never had weight issues earlier on and rarely weighed over 125ish, but when I let go... I really let it all go. (I have my reasons I attribute it to, but now I see it all as just excuses. I clearly could have done something much sooner!) Anyway, I'm 5'6" and got up to 232 lbs. I was down to 147 just 2.5 months ago. Now I'm back up to 165. My ultimate goal weight is to get down to and sustain 130ish before September, which I think is definitely obtainable. Anyway, I wish all you of you the best of luck with starting over or wherever you're at now, and reaching your goals!!! :-)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I went from around 250 as a teen, to a low in the 170s in my early 20s, and gained it all back, plus double, to eventually end up at 320lbs.

I punished myself for years for regaining the weight. Frustrated, and full of shame, embarrassment, and regret, I gained, lost some, regained even more, until eventually I saw my weight past 300, a number I'd never even dreamed of, and said HELL NO. Today I stand back spitting distance of my lowest college age weight, and my goal is even lower than before.

So I definitely get "been there, done that". Regaining all your weight, two times over, I've been there.

You can do this. If you want it bad enough, if being fat is no longer even an option on the menu, you can make it.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kudos to you for taking the 1st step - that's always the hardest part! Sending a friend request also so we can encourage one another.
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    I started last year with 140lbs to lose and was doing great - lost 50ish in around 5 months being strict 6 days and having a "diet day off" once a week. Then in the second half of the year I slowly started drifting back to old habits - I got cocky and like you I thought I had it under control, "I'll start again on Monday" or "well if I'm going to start again I'll just have one last bad day" and on and on. I am so angry at myself and keep thinking that I should have been at my goal around now if I had kept going instead of starting all over again. The important thing is we're back right? I can't waste another year and have learned a big lesson - I can't take a "week or two" off because it will just lead me down a path I don't want to go. I started back properly at the beginning of this week and will do the same as I did last year - sticking to my daily allowance for 6 days and having one day off - this really seems to work for me and doesn't make the future look so hard as it's only ever a few days away from having a day of no counting. Well done for starting again and you know you can do it.
  • StephanieR88
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys!