Low Calorie Lunch Ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    PB&J: 24g peanut butter, which is 3/4 'serving'; I've found this to be a good amount of peanut butter for a sandwich) + no added sugar jelly & light bread. With carrots and watermelon. Today I was pretty hungry so had 2 sandwiches, 551 calories for lunch. With only 1 sandwich though, a tad over 300. Substitute other fruit, veggies as you prefer.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I love using wheat thin crackers instead of bread. Sometimes I'll take a wheat thin and top it with some cheese (I like colby jack), a little chicken, and a bit of tomato. Yum!

I also frequently do leftovers.
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have one word for you: SOUP! Not the creamy, rich kind. Just 1 cup of a broth type of soup, along with some saltine crackers, a piece of fruit, yogurt, or cottage cheese & fruit. You will be full at a cost of approx. 300 cal's. total for the entire meal. I do this for both lunch & dinner from Mon. thru Thur's.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Pitta bread x 2
    Lettuce (lots)
    100g meat (turkey for being v.good, chicken normally)

1 cut lime (or 1/2 lemon), squeeze over sandwich just before you eat, so not soggy as would be if done in the morning - I eat in meetings and this fascinates people.

Change the meat up to stop dullness. I also have 3 bits of fruit, morning on train, lunch and after lunch.

Have an open diary if you want to look at today.

Good luck.