Vegetarian need advice!

Options
NaRmI10
NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
Hi I am new to this -

I am trying to lose my post preg weight ( about 6 years after). I need to shed about 35lbs around my hips and thighs. I have tried every diet only to gain the weight back.. I do work out but it doesn't seem to help. My conclusion is that my metabolism has slowed down.

As a vegetarian, what can I do to increase my metabolism?

I have started to take Gnc - Women's Ultra Mega Maximum Nutrition with almond milk in the mornings.
and I do take multi-vitamins and B- complex.

an year ago I did the Dr. B diet for 3 weeks and lost about 28 lbs... ( please don't give me that look ) not a healthy approach I know... - They were pumping me with B12/B6 cocktails and I didn't eat much ( I wasn't hungry) and lost the weight in 6 weeks. - but gained it all back in 6 months.

Is there anything else I need from vitamins / minerals point of view.???
Suggestions??

Thank you!!!

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical problem, your metabolism is just fine. Visit your dr to make sure.
  • Step2fitness
    Step2fitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I am also vegetarian and on a mission of post pregnancy wt loss :)
    I have lost 10 pounds in last 1 months...
    Daily burn atleast 600 calories and keep your diet under 1200 calories. I cheat my diet on weekends still managed so far to loose wt. :)
    I replaced normal oil with olive oil. White rice to brown rice , quinnoa, coscous.
    I stopped eating chapati ( indian bread) . sometimes I eat chapati just twice a week.
    Always use brown bread.. and include lots of salad & vegetables in your diet, beans, carrot, peas, celery, cabbage, tomoto etc..
    Avoid cheesy food and chips colddrinks..
    And if you crave for that try taking just 3 -4 chips and count those calories too in your diet.
    I hope it helps,
  • NaRmI10
    Options
    Daily burn atleast 600 calories and keep your diet under 1200 calories. I cheat my diet on weekends still managed so far to loose wt. :)
    I replaced normal oil with olive oil. White rice to brown rice , quinnoa, coscous.
    I stopped eating chapati ( indian bread) . sometimes I eat chapati just twice a week.
    Always use brown bread.. and include lots of salad & vegetables in your diet, beans, carrot, peas, celery, cabbage, tomoto etc..
    And if you crave for that try taking just 3 -4 chips and count those calories too in your diet.
    I hope it helps,

Thank you -
    How often do you workout? Is it cardio / strength training?
  • NaRmI10
    Options
    Unless you have a medical problem, your metabolism is just fine. Visit your dr to make sure.

Thanks...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I hope it helps,
    So you are netting 600 calories a day or less? That is not sustainable and is not good for your health.
    Hi I am new to this -

I am trying to lose my post preg weight ( about 6 years after). I need to shed about 35lbs around my hips and thighs. I have tried every diet only to gain the weight back.. I do work out but it doesn't seem to help. My conclusion is that my metabolism has slowed down.

As a vegetarian, what can I do to increase my metabolism?

I have started to take Gnc - Women's Ultra Mega Maximum Nutrition with almond milk in the mornings.
    and I do take multi-vitamins and B- complex.

an year ago I did the Dr. B diet for 3 weeks and lost about 28 lbs... ( please don't give me that look ) not a healthy approach I know... - They were pumping me with B12/B6 cocktails and I didn't eat much ( I wasn't hungry) and lost the weight in 6 weeks. - but gained it all back in 6 months.

Is there anything else I need from vitamins / minerals point of view.???
    Suggestions??

Thank you!!!
    OP there are no magic pills anything that does increase metabolism does not increase it at any significant rate above normal bounds. If you want to lose weight eat at a calorie deficit it's just that.

Steptofitness I suggest you follow the link as well

follow the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I lose weight the same way every one else does.

I don't think it's low metabolism that caused you to gain back the weight, but the fact that you didn't actually lose fat, as fat loss is caused by a calorie deficit and not a crash diet. Feel free to friend me, if you want to peek at my diary :)
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40th year as a vegetarian and started this journey weighing 20 pounds more than I did 9 months pregnant with my last child(and he is 21).

It is not slow metabolism; it is eating more than you are burning. MFP has been eye opening for me. At 56, I have truly decided to make a life change----for the rest of my life. I love excercising; aerobic and weight lifting. And I now try to eat within my daily limits. Diets do not work, nothing temporary fixes permanent mistakes.

And while I would love to drop weight faster, I am content with the slower loss, because my weight is moving down.

Be realistic, drink lots of water, eat your protein and fats, excercise---and repeat everyday for the rest of your life.
  • NaRmI10
    Options
    Thank you Everyone.. It feels good to have such support! :)
  • Step2fitness
    Options
    I burn approx 600 cal. but not all in one go.. I do cardio in evening. walking for about 30 -40 min and exercise in morning, mainly strength, stretching and dancing :)
  • Step2fitness
    Options
    I do cardio in evening. walking for about 30 -40 min and exercise in morning, mainly strength, stretching and dancing :)
    and I take rest 1 day a week.. that day just evening walk or so.. no gyming..