No Exercise, Yes Calorie Counting

Options
Hello,

I just have one question, will I still lose weight even if I don't exercise?

I have a gout, and these past three weeks I have been sitting and laying down only because I cannot walk or even stand.
However, I joined MFP for 9 days now and been recording the food I take. Just wanna know if I can still lose weight even if I am not moving around.

p.s.
When I get better, I am going to exercise with my husband who is also in MFP :) .

Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yes; weight loss is more about how much you eat than how much you exercise.
  • RheaJasperson
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My first 30 lbs was from sticking to the MFP calorie goal, at a later date I added in exercise for fitness so yes you will lose weight providing your logging is accurate
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    My S/O has gout - first he focused on his diet and about 2 weeks in.. he no longer felt the pain so he started exercising. It's been a good 6 months and he has only had one gout attack from drinking vodka LOL.

Start slowly and ease into it, soon you won't have to worry about gout.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have aggressive rheumatoid arthritis. I am sticking to MFP's calorie plan. I've lost 2lbs a week for the last 3 weeks. I do some bike riding and walking. 80% food, 20% exercise. If you're really concerned, you can find exercises you can do in a chair, or sometimes workouts designed for pregnant women are gentle. Check out YouTube.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have previously lost 40kg (88 pounds) through clean eating and no exercise. Obviously it's better if you do exercise particularly as your body will be better toned and you'll be fit but you can lose significant amounts of fat with healthy eating and no exercise.
  • RheaJasperson
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you everyone!!

I have been depressed since my gout attacked again, I even thought of giving up, but then I decided maybe because I am not healthy and heavy that's why my gout keep on attacking me. From now on, I will change my lifestyle so I can enjoy the outside world (I've been inside the house for three weeks :sad:

Once again, thank you for the information.
  • dancerchic4101
    Options
    Stick with it! MFP is a great tool to use and you WILL see results! We are all here to support and cheer you on. You are not alone in this. =)