Hi everyone. Been using MFP since 12/29/10 and loving it

Options
Thought I would try the forum thing...never posted on one ever in my life...this is completely worth the try. Love this website. I am 32 years old. Have a 3 year old daughter. Work full time. and a Wonderful husband that helps and supports me. We are doing this lifestyle change as a joint effort to provide a good example for our daughter. 12.29.10 I weighed 189 and my goal by 6.30.11 is to be at 140. I have struggled with my weight since a year after high school graduation. so enough is enough I want to live healthy, be healthy, and feel healthy.

Just wanted to mention I am really enjoying all the written support you are giving each other and newcomers. It is great.

Thanks,

Replies

• ktbennett2b
    Options
    Hi Mia i'm new too!!, Im the same age as you and have 2 daughters 7 and 5 Im really struggling already and ive only just started lol I'm obsessed with food lol. Im worried that im not going to be able to find time to exercise how do you fit it in? i work part time but what with the girls i just dont seem to be able to fit it in at all.

Good luck
    Kate
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards! :smile: I'm a working mom as well (two daughters) who would like to lose about 35 more pounds. I'm on vacation from work right now, but I dread going back and falling out of my exercise habit. Hoping to be able to be so addicted to it that I'll find time to workout no matter what. I love reading the posts on here for motivation and advice. It's a great place! (I joined MFP Dec. 20th so I'm relatively new like you.) Good luck ! :happy:
  • jboothfsc
    Options
    Mia, how tall are you? Just wondering for comparison as I set my goal weight for 145-150. :o) I am married with two children and we are both wanting to set a better example for our kids.....no McDonald's for instance! LOL... I am new to the online tool, but I have had MFP on my Ipod touch for almost a year I think. I never realized there was an online forum, so I figure "hey, I'm gonna put my weight loss goals out there for the world to see." I think that will be a motivating factor. I am at 164 now so I have a ways to go. I am using the 17 day diet book as a reference as well as logging in my diary on here.

Best wishes on the weight loss.

You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • miagoodart
    Options
    I usually go over my lunch hour to a no frill type gym that has a shower. I have found some really satisfying recipes and meals in some cookbooks i had that were written and created for diabetics. I spoke with a dietician couple years ago and she suggested these recipes since they usually follow the food group mentality and low sugar. I like these type cook books also because always have the nutritional information listed with the recipe.
  • Loribell23
    Options
    Hi! I just joined yesterday and I have to agree with you, this is a great site! I love it. I'm the type that really needs support with weight loss and I think we are in the right place! Good luck on your journey!
  • miagoodart
    Options
    :smile: thank you. I am 5'4". probably medium build. In high school i was about 125-130 freshman through senior year.