guy next to me on the elliptical...

Options
13»

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Here's a poser for you: what if that stink isn't from the guy next to you, but is in fact from YOU, because you work out uber hard and your deodorant can't keep up? What then? Yes, this is happening to me lately. It's good that I'm working out so hard, but I feel terrible for anyone who catches a whiff. I have a sensitive nose, too. :sad:
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I admit, it was me. I am the stinky, sweaty girl at the gym. And I don't know why either. My diet is no funkier than anyone else's and I shower every day. Heck, if I shower right before I work out, the stink comes anyway.

On a side note, my brother in law was banned from his gym for sweating too much! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Dang. After reading this thread, I'm gonna have to double up on the Axe next time I'm in the gym. Didn't realize how many people hated the stuff.

I love the smell but I hope you are bring sarcastic lol that's just ignorant

haha Yeah, I'm just messin around. I do use Axe though. It's the only thing that isn't gone 5 seconds after I get to sweatin.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I go in the morning, everybody smells. Thank God because I smelt like a giant onion this morning.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen to me several times. The first time was a guy that tried to cover BO with Ax and the other was a guy that could've cared less that he had BO. I couldn't help it. It made me mad. I'm even careful when I spray the paper towel to clean my machines. I spray it down low to the ground so nobody inhales it. I think it irritates me most because I go out of my way to be courteous of everyone else.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just move and say nothing.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Here's a poser for you: what if that stink isn't from the guy next to you, but is in fact from YOU, because you work out uber hard and your deodorant can't keep up? What then? Yes, this is happening to me lately. It's good that I'm working out so hard, but I feel terrible for anyone who catches a whiff. I have a sensitive nose, too. :sad:

Try a stronger deodorant. Degree is a good brand.
  • stothedonia09
    stothedonia09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only bad experience i've had so far is women wearing perfume TO the gym.

God that's annoying.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    The first thing you should do is never use the word "sitch" again. The next thing you should do is get one of those glade car fresheners that you put in the vent and put it in the little fan on the machine! I literally just had that idea because I'm a genius.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no need to waste time being indecisive. Just move.

b01d1f68a670a756a0c205d4a790c8a8.jpg

I laughed way too hard at that gif.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only bad experience i've had so far is women wearing perfume TO the gym.

God that's annoying.
    Hey I had a lady use the elliptical next to me that had perfume slathered on... to cover that crotch smell that women get.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

God that's annoying.
    Hey I had a lady use the elliptical next to me that had perfume slathered on... to cover that crotch smell that women get.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • morekettlebell
    Options
    I've had this happened but I've also had a guy who smelled like bounce sheets!!! It was so amazing, I wanted to follow him to every machine. LOL

A man who smells like fresh laundry as he sweats....well......I'd just follow him home ;)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Move to avoid the stank. I ALWAYS but ALWAYS choose cardio machines that aren't directly next to ANYONE else (when available) and expect the same courtesy from others.

IKR.

WHY PEOPLE? Why pick the treadmill right next to me when a whole gym of treadmills are available. Its so annoying. Just my luck always.:noway:

I'll move- depending on how much time I have left- I'll move.
    THAT"S SO ANNOYING!!!

only time it's acceptable to pick the machine right next to someone is if there are ONLY two machines- and or obviously- there are no other ones available.

Why?
    Who cares?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

God that's annoying.

I'm not sure what kind of women you are hanging around with, but they might need to seek out a gynecologist. That's not normal, dude.
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options
    I've had this happened but I've also had a guy who smelled like bounce sheets!!! It was so amazing, I wanted to follow him to every machine. LOL

A man who smells like fresh laundry as he sweats....well......I'd just follow him home ;)

Wellp, time to go do some shopping and figure out a new way to do laundry.
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options

God that's annoying.

You probably wanna steer clear of that one. Could be the herps. Could be somethin even worse.