Ballet

Options
sphkhn
sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
So I wanted to know if anyone has tried any ballet videos or classes? I used to do ballet when I was a kid and a teenager and I loved it. Right now I am running about 2 or 3 days a week and would love something for 2 or 3 of the other days. I was doing 30 day shred and it was killing my knees.

Replies

• teetop10
    teetop10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the same thing! Thanks for bringing this up in the forum and I hope there will be helpful responses. I've been trying to convince the YMCA to start a class for adults b/c they already have ballet instructors that teach youth classes. I want to do it to build better posture and get leaner muscles.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    NYC ballet workout. You can get a set with volumes 1 and 2 on amazon. I find that it compliments my running well. Stretches out my running muscles and makes me feel good.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    There are two Ballet Beautiful workouts on Amazon streaming (free if you have Prime). They don't require a barre; they're mosly floor exercises but still give the same effect. They have done wonders for my IT band issues.
  • melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do Pop Physique in Long Beach(they also have videos)
    But it is basically a ballet Pilates class..aka barre.
    Another good class is bar method..
    It is SO fun.
    I used to do ballet as a child too,
    and it really brought out the ballerina in me x)
    (bonus:burns massive calories and tones your booty!)
  • sphkhn
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! Going to check out the amazon ones I can watch it on my tv which is awesome! Glad I wasn't the only one with this thought.
  • sphkhn
    Options
    So I just did ballet beautiful and man that kicked my a** more than Jillian Michaels did but without the jumping around and yelling. Don't let the soft piano music fool you!